Is this a piece of an fossilized elephant leg or dinosaur?

1Simple1

I was hoping someone might be able to help identify this. I think it was found in Arizona. Thank you!

20230519_135159.jpg

20230519_135228.jpg

20230519_135446.jpg

Can you please tell us roughly where it was found? Certain angles seem to suggest it could be petrified wood while other angles show it being just a rock. Not seeing any bone either way

Thank you. It was found in a riverbed wall about a foot or two up in the 1950's. It use to be almost 3 feet long and broke over the years. We do not have the other piece. 

We need the location, not physical surroundings. It doesn't have to be the exact location, just enough info so a geologic map can be used to aid the ID process. And the blue specks I'm not sure what they are, but I have seen them before in other rocks. Geologic occurrence. Likely inclusions of other minerals. This is what makes me lean towards the find being geologic and not a fossil, unfortunately.

I will wait for others to chime in before sealing your specimen’s fate but don’t fret, AZ has a rich history with plenty to find and see between fossils, geologic things, and the history of native peoples. Keep looking!

You are the best! Thank you for helping me with this. It has been a mystery in my fam for 70 years! :-)

• Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, 1Simple1 said:

I guess it is a rock.

I think it's more than a rock.  Can you get focused images of the ends and any other interesting feature you see?  

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Parts of it show the slightest suggestion of ivory.  Is it relatively soft... easily scratched?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Even the brown area that looks like dirt is easily scratched. The blue speckled part on the inside is not easily scratched. That part is hard like rock.