Rock36

My daughter and I did a paid private property dig outside of Bakersfield, CA in the Shark Tooth Hills last Saturday.  We very much enjoyed it!  Found 8 species of shark teeth (hastalis, planus, angel, dog, hammerhead, cow, and long toothed and normal tiger) and some extinct sea lion and porpoise teeth as well as some seal lion and whale bones and vertebrae.  We loved it, but both felt it was a “one and done” and preferred diving for teeth over digging.  It was also hot…well over 90 by the time we stopped after 7 hours.  Lots of teeth and the owner dug with us and identified teeth/fossils as well as gave us the bulk of his and his son’s finds. 

IMG_5653.jpeg

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5663.jpeg

IMG_5675.jpeg

IMG_5679.jpeg

• Enjoyed 15

50 minutes ago, Rock36 said:

My daughter and I did a paid private property dig outside of Bakersfield, CA in the Shark Tooth Hills last Saturday.  We very much enjoyed it!  Found 8 species of shark teeth (hastalis, planus, angel, dog, hammerhead, cow, and long toothed and normal tiger) and some extinct sea lion and porpoise teeth as well as some seal lion and whale bones and vertebrae.  We loved it, but both felt it was a “one and done” and preferred diving for teeth over digging.  It was also hot…well over 90 by the time we stopped after 7 hours.  Lots of teeth and the owner dug with us and identified teeth/fossils as well as gave us the bulk of his and his son’s finds. 

IMG_5653.jpeg

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5663.jpeg

IMG_5675.jpeg

IMG_5679.jpeg

Very nice finds.  I love the colors and preservation, of the teeth from that area.  California is far too far away, for me to go there; so I purchased a couple of Planus teeth from there.  Someday, I may purchase a few more.  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Rock Hound

Very beautiful teeth! I’d love to get out that way to find some teeth, the colors are so unique!

Wow, what a great day! Such a beautiful range of colors. Lots of cool finds and whole teeth.