Pawpaw fm. Engonoceras serpintinum

Texasfossilfinder

Would like to see other members Pawpaw fm engonoceras ammonites for comparison. I have been prepping out ones with nice colors and would love to see others out there.

16852244232274886070042453270233.jpg

• Enjoyed 4

Welcome to the forum.  Beautiful specimen; I truly wish I had one of my own to show you, but alas. :shakehead:

• Enjoyed 1

Very nice specimen. 

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

• Enjoyed 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I've never seen ammonites from the pawpaw with this type of preservation, that's very interesting

• Enjoyed 1

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg 

There's a guy on Facebook who's name is eluding me (Lance something, but not Lance Hall) who has posted similar from the Pawpaw. Assuming that isn't you, maybe reach out to him. He should be on the Texas Fossil Hunting or Dallas Paleo Society groups. I've personally found some fragments of E. serpintinum with original shell bits, but nothing as complete as yours. For the most part I only have pyritic micro E. serpintinum as seen in my pfp. Nice finds! Do you get any crabs from that matrix?

• Enjoyed 2

9 hours ago, EPIKLULSXDDDDD said:

There's a guy on Facebook who's name is eluding me (Lance something, but not Lance Hall) who has posted similar from the Pawpaw. Assuming that isn't you, maybe reach out to him. He should be on the Texas Fossil Hunting or Dallas Paleo Society groups. I've personally found some fragments of E. serpintinum with original shell bits, but nothing as complete as yours. For the most part I only have pyritic micro E. serpintinum as seen in my pfp. Nice finds! Do you get any crabs from that matrix?  

Yea that is me. I keep being told others have found them but cant seem to find any photos out there. I have come across a bit of claw in this matrix but I couldnt tell you if it was crab or lobster. I keep hoping to come across a starfish but they keep eluding me!

• Enjoyed 1

I've hunted a couple Pawpaw sites. The one I found starfish material at was different from the one I got those aforementioned ammonite fragments. I don't know enough to say where the layers correlate stratigraphically, but the place I found starfish had a greyish yellow hue and was extremely rich in crabs. Just above it was a thin layer of red sandstone. You can click my profile and navigate to the Pawpaw album to see some of those. I located a brittle sea star nest (Ophiura sp.) and had some luck with finding a fragment of some other star. They are definitely a rarity and come with a lot of gluing!

IMG_1927.thumb.JPG.87e910c863e7833d5ceb9bdee31b1e84.JPGIMG_1928.thumb.JPG.b3ba067b4ce6af89617076587c0dc738.JPG

• Enjoyed 2