Extinct elephant fossils discovered in Levy County, Florida

Oxytropidoceras

Yup. The Montbrook site seems to be trending lately--I don't think it's gone 'viral' quite yet but we are simmering and heading to a rolling boil. :)

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 1

Sadly, looking at the brief article reveals a bounty of grammatical errors and the highlighted links to related stories are in fact random links that have nothing to do with the highlighted terms. The fact that paleontologists (not archaeologists) are making the fossil discoveries eluded the writer. Maybe AI and ChatGPT are the future as humans have certainly lost the ability to communicate through writing.

:DOH:

Journalism is dead and proofreading is a lost art. :shakehead:

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 4

19 hours ago, digit said:

Sadly, looking at the brief article reveals a bounty of grammatical errors and the highlighted links to related stories are in fact random links that have nothing to do with the highlighted terms. The fact that paleontologists (not archaeologists) are making the fossil discoveries eluded the writer. Maybe AI and ChatGPT are the future as humans have certainly lost the ability to communicate through writing.

Someone may have heard you because now the top link is dead.

I think I found a new version of the article but it seems to have fixed the errors you mentioned (can't follow the links b/c I don't have PNJ or USN subs):

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2023/05/26/elephant-graveyard-florida-gomphotheres-fossils-gainesville-florida-museum-montbrook/70257578007/

Edited by JBkansas
  • Enjoyed 1

Would that I had such power to fix poor articles simply by complaining. Where would I start? :P

Montbrook is a spectacular fossil site and open for volunteers to dig (during the drier season from roughly November to April). I encourage members (even out of state) to come join us next season. It's a wonderful opportunity to dig on an important fossil site and help science. You can find out more here (a link that would have been useful in one of the articles). ;)

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/montbrook/get-involved/

Cheers.

-Ken