Cross Country Signature Fossils

FossilForKids

I thought I would post some of the fossils from my trip that are significant from where they where found:

* My baby! My Texas Eopachydiscus(sp) 30 plus pounds and 15 inches

* Unique U-dig trilo not because of the species (it's common) but the completeness, detail, size, and color. I found it in a more mudlike matrix.

Picture with multiple fossils:

* A wonderfully colored and sutured Sphenodiscus ammonite from Texas found during a "Dan" canoe adventure.

* Nice large Croc tooth.....what better way to remember Chris, Mike, and the Santa Fe by.

* South Carolina is known for megs but I'll always remember my Beni and Thresher I found during Cade's "Death" kayak trip against the tide!

* It's ironic to get such a beautiful snag and complete cow shark from something called a "spoil pile".

* This Texas Ptychodus showed me it's not just the monsters of the miocene that can give me a tingle!

* Such a delicate and beautiful gastropod from a place known as "whiskey bridge"

* The delicate little rolled trilo and the graceful winged brach reminds me of the echoes of "I found one grandpa" at Mineral Wells

* A gem orange colored equus tooth reminds everyone that Texas is much more than the Cretaceous.

* A solid little meg vert shows the Chesapeke can always suprise you!

* Nice ray plate an otodus give a good representation of the "other side" of the Ppotomac.

* A "poster child" weathered free trilo from U-Dig

* Last but not least a suprising find in the form of a nice green/grey Trilo from Ceasar's Creek Ohio.......one of my new favorite places

Enjoy

FFK

bigone.bmp

post-1292-058496900 1276357533_thumb.jpg

post-1292-047734700 1276357708_thumb.jpg

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

I envy you for being able to take such a fantastic 'Fossil Sojurn' I hope maybe someday I can do the same. I'm also happy you had such a great time! It was a pleasure meeting and diving with you!

~Mike

Edited by Sundancer73

All your fossils are belong to us

I envy you for being able to take such a fantastic 'Fossil Sojurn' I hope maybe someday I can do the same. I'm also happy you had such a great time! It was a pleasure meeting and diving with you!

~Mike

Thanks Mike!

I'm sure we'll dive again sometime.

John

It looks like you ended up with a wonderful selection of fossils from across the U.S. and across the ages.

It looks like you ended up with a wonderful selection of fossils from across the U.S. and across the ages.

The diversity is just now hitting me. Additionaly, I would like to spend much more time at several of those locations.

Fossilforkids...... Well done.... great haul.....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Fossilforkids...... Well done.... great haul.....

Thanks Terry!

10 years from now I plan on doing the same thing across Europe :rolleyes:

Hey FFK,

you ended up with are great little collection. I envy you for having made such an epic journey. Maybe some day you could visit us up here in Canada. You are always welcome here in British Columbia.

Dan

Hey FFK,

you ended up with are great little collection. I envy you for having made such an epic journey. Maybe some day you could visit us up here in Canada. You are always welcome here in British Columbia.

Dan

That would be great Dan! Remember that picture was just a sample. My Jeep was packed to the gills by the time I got home!! :D

FFK, what a wonderful snapshot of the assortment of things you collected. I especially like the ammonite--that suturing is so very nice. I can only imagine what else the jeep hauled back! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing! Regards, Chris

Im glad I could play my part in your adventure. Great finds - come back to SC some time.

CBK