Would Like To Find Other Fossil Hunters To Hunt With

Megalodon Man

If anyone would like to hunt with me let me know, I go religiously every weekend. I have many spots to go and some yet to be explored, depending on the water levels. Feeder creeks are good when water level is high, and the main creek when water levels are low. Mostly in Black Creek in Middleburg, but if you know of somewhere else, I'm game. I get spooked out in the wild by myself, be aware you must be hardcore as there are many snakes and bugs etc. These creeks must be walked/waded as a boat or kayak is too cumbersome due to fallen trees, shallow ares etc. I usually snorkel and sift. I always find something to make the trip worthwhile and have no problem sharing what i find... let me know. Also for the more daring, I also hunt the drege material in the mouth of the St. Johns, but can only go on Sunday afternoons as this is the only time the dredgers are not there. It really produces after a good rain....

I usually visit Fl, 2x a year to visit family. I would love to come along (if I can break away for a day). I have never been in the North East portion of the state before though.

Snorkeling is something I would like to get into eventually.

Let me know when and if you make it up this way and we can go out and get our fossil fix, the creeks I go to are great for learning to snorkel. These creeks are fed by spring water which makes rthem feel great in the heat of summertime.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in Fernandina/Yulee and have been looking for places to go besides the beach. Don't have a lot of time but would love to get together at some point and check out some new sites

I don't get to Florida often, its a long drive from NC (but Jacksonville is closer than Venice!) but would like to join you some time when I do.

"There is no difference between Zen and Purgatory and Time Warner Cable, and they are trying to tach me this, but I am a dim impatient pupil."

----- xonenine

We're game. We have a few long weekends open for travel and hunting new places. We just need a couple of days notice.

Great, sounds like we should try to plan a weekend when a bunch of us can meet up and hunt! Let me know some dates or weekens you guys would like to go and we can set something up! I am free almost every weekend...

I would love to join you. I am new to Florida and live in Destin, but would love to join you for a weekend. Drop me a line and we can meet up.

Scott

I use to visit Florida fossil spots once at year (usally in March or in April). I am familiar with your area beaches (mainly American, Jax and Fernandina :wub: ) and some spots on St. John river (nothing really good). Next Spring I should like to join you to try in the creeks and the dredge spots :)

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

• 7 years later...

I would love to join you on a black creek hunt! I am more of a beach hunter myself but have been wanting to try the creeks around here. I hear the creeks in Penney farms is a good spot as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buddy, I'm game. Live in Tampa and snorkel.  Sifting is too much like work!  lol...let me know if you are interested.  I have an abundance of spots as well.

Cheers

Archived