Crabs In The Calvert Cliffs Formation

Flagponds Pirate

While roaming the beach at work the other day I picked up a stone crab claw and started to wonder, has there ever been a complete crab found in the calvert cliffs formation? To my knowledge there has never been a complete crab found in the formation and I was wondering if there is a reason for it. I havent gotten the chance to ask the Museum in Solomons, so I figured Id post here first. This question wont leave my head, and I need my head to study for a test tommorow, so if anyone has an answer for me, please tell me so I can get back to studying :rolleyes:.

Guest bmorefossil

i have found a crab and two lobsters/shrimp from the cliffs, i picked them up thinking they were bone and when i got home i noticed what they really were

Do you know which bed they are from? Another thing Im trying to do is figure out which beds the majority of our fossils come out of. Beds 10, 12, and 19 seem to be the major source for our fossils. Where along the cliffs did you find the crab and lobsters/shrimps. Was it closer north near Randle Cliffs, or was it farther south near cove point? So many new questions that are going to inhibit study time.

Guest bmorefossil
Do you know which bed they are from? Another thing Im trying to do is figure out which beds the majority of our fossils come out of. Beds 10, 12, and 19 seem to be the major source for our fossils. Where along the cliffs did you find the crab and lobsters/shrimps. Was it closer north near Randle Cliffs, or was it farther south near cove point? So many new questions that are going to inhibit study time.

they were all found north of cove point. i dont know what layer they are from, ill get pictures of them tomorrow