Lafarge On Saturday

Hogtownfossil

Time to get my butt whipped by the locals again at an out of state site, I'm sure they will be hungry after their Jan. trip was cancelled. Anyone else making the trip?

I think we're planning on going in Oct., actually. Hope you have a good trip, though.. Make sure to post pics of what you find and get us pumped to get out there ourselves :D

Time to get my butt whipped by the locals again at an out of state site, I'm sure they will be hungry after their Jan. trip was cancelled. Anyone else making the trip?

I'll be there with family in tow. Man, I love LaFarge!

-greel

I'll be there with family in tow. Man, I love LaFarge!

-greel

Wheres lafarge? And do ya have to be put in a drawing kinda like aurora?

d

Wheres lafarge? And do ya have to be put in a drawing kinda like aurora?

d

darren,

LaFarge quarry is in Harleyville, SC (exit 177 off I-26). They allow fossil collectors in on the 3rd Saturday of

every quarter for half a day. It's usually a big turn out. The material is from the late Eocene. You can

find some of the finest Carcharocles auriculatus teeth here in the world, along with archaeocete whale teeth

and bone, Isurus praecursor and other shark teeth from the late Eocene to early Oligocene.

You don't have to be put in a drawing to get in to the dig. Just call in to the office the month before a

scheduled dig to be put on ihe list (ie call in March for the April dig, call June for July dig, Sept for October

dig and call Dec for January dig).

-greel

darren,

LaFarge quarry is in Harleyville, SC (exit 177 off I-26). They allow fossil collectors in on the 3rd Saturday of

every quarter for half a day. It's usually a big turn out. The material is from the late Eocene. You can

find some of the finest Carcharocles auriculatus teeth here in the world, along with archaeocete whale teeth

and bone, Isurus praecursor and other shark teeth from the late Eocene to early Oligocene.

You don't have to be put in a drawing to get in to the dig. Just call in to the office the month before a

scheduled dig to be put on ihe list (ie call in March for the April dig, call June for July dig, Sept for October

dig and call Dec for January dig).

-greel

road trip!!!!

I've never heard of LaFarge before. Do they have a website or anything with more info about the place? What do they charge to hunt there, if anything? What kind of lodging is there in Harleyville (sounds like a small place)? I might consider going if there's one over the summer. I'd love to see some photos of what comes out of there.

I've never heard of LaFarge before. Do they have a website or anything with more info about the place? What do they charge to hunt there, if anything? What kind of lodging is there in Harleyville (sounds like a small place)? I might consider going if there's one over the summer. I'd love to see some photos of what comes out of there.

No charge to hunt. Harleyville is small. They have one motel - the Ashley Lodge, which is not the nicest

of accomodations (cheap). See the gallery here (greel - Eocene Treasures) to see a couple teeth I've found

at LaFarge. I usually stay in St. George or Summerville when I go to LaFarge - it's about 20 to 30 minutes

away, but motels are nicer with places to eat nearby.

-greel

Ill be down for hunt. I cant wait considering the January hunt was cancled. It should be a great day. No rain in the forecast with temps in the upper 70's.....its going to be beautiful!!!!!!

Brian