Favorite Fossil Or Artifact In Your Collection

hybodus

Thought it would be cool to find out what everyone's favorite fossil or artifact is in their personal collection - and please post a pic if you can!

It's a tough choice for me, as they are all my favorites, but if I had to pick one, I would go with a Edestus heinrihci jaw with three good teeth and three partials. From Sparta Illinois, Labette Formation, Late Pennsylvanian. It's 24.5 cm in length (9.65 in.).

post-213-1208314582_thumb.jpg

That would definitely have to be the perfect mammoth tooth I haven't found yet!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

these are my two favorites ,both from ohio, first is a hopewell gorget found by my grandfather and the other is a large macorkle bifurcate

post-328-1208348114_thumb.jpg

post-328-1208348125_thumb.jpg

Thought it would be cool to find out what everyone's favorite fossil or artifact is in their personal collection - and please post a pic if you can!

It's a tough choice for me, as they are all my favorites, but if I had to pick one, I would go with a Edestus heinrihci jaw with three good teeth and three partials. From Sparta Illinois, Labette Formation, Late Pennsylvanian. It's 24.5 cm in length (9.65 in.).

post-213-1208314582_thumb.jpg

Wow. That's like asking which of your kids you love the most. LOL.

I have lots of favorites, favorite shark teeth, favorite reptile bone, etc., so will post my only shark denticles from north Texas countryside.. I love em!

post-13-1208351691_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Guest N.AL.hunter

For me it is either the partial Xaphactinus skull found here in Bama, or my complete Oreondont skull found in Wyoming. However, I do have a fondness for blastoids as they are the first whole fossils I found when 6 yrs old. Pictures whenever I can.

Guest Nicholas

For me it is the Trilobite my grandfather left to me before he passed away. It is really what sparked my interest in fossils.

It can be seen in my Album titled "My first fossil"

Hello,

This is really hard to find a favourite fossil inside a 35 years collection ... I will choose a personal find, done in Antwerp harbour area some years ago.

hexanchus-gigas-2.jpg

Hexanchus gigas lower jaw lateral tooth, lower Pliocene, 43 millimeters wide.

One piece like that can be found on a lifetime !

And the second was found the same day, one hour before.

hexanchus-gigas-1.jpg

Same beast, same place, 35 millimeters wide.

Phil "Fossil"