Megtarded

Hogtownfossil

I'm still big tooth challenged after my 5th trip to Lee Creek(PCS Mine), always find a nice assortment of fossils, but just chunks of the sexy megs. My wife found a pretty Parotodus though(under the date stamp), I stepped on and she picked it up.

post-388-1208474248_thumb.jpg

Guest N.AL.hunter

Meg or not, that is a nice collection for one trip. I hope to go this fall. Will look out for starting date of entry for drawings.

At least you got to do your hunt this Spring. Here's my sob story. My March hunt was canceled the morning of the hunt because the ramp was washed out the night before. My makeup hunt this Sunday was just canceled. Seems someone broke a leg last weekend and the ramp, in its current condition, turned out to be a dicey way to get medical support into or out of the area. So everything this weekend has been canceled. Think I'm cursed. Better just aim for this Fall's hunt

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

At least you got to do your hunt this Spring. Here's my sob story. My March hunt was canceled the morning of the hunt because the ramp was washed out the night before. My makeup hunt this Sunday was just canceled. Seems someone broke a leg last weekend and the ramp, in its current condition, turned out to be a dicey way to get medical support into or out of the area. So everything this weekend has been canceled. Think I'm cursed. Better just aim for this Fall's hunt

That is pretty bunk that the trip got canceled this weekend and that you got rained out in march. I feel super sorry for the people who have had three trips canceled this year. We had some people who got rained out on a saturday then came in sunday the following week and got rained out then were again scheduled this sunday and once again no hunt due to to the ramp, I can't even imagine the frustration. But unfortunatley thats how it goes some times :(

I'm still big tooth challenged after my 5th trip to Lee Creek(PCS Mine), always find a nice assortment of fossils, but just chunks of the sexy megs. My wife found a pretty Parotodus though(under the date stamp), I stepped on and she picked it up.

I'd like to see what you found, but I cannot fully open your very large image.

A portion of the image does open, but not the full image. Nor can I simply scroll left or right, up or down, to see the image -- the image is just too large for my 17-inch monitor.

When I make a SHQ or HQ image with my six megapixel camera, the resulting image is as large as 39 inches wide by 29 inches high. I have to reduce the image size with my editing software to even work with it conveniently.

You can produce excellent photos with the Standard Quality (SQ) setting on your camera. (See some of Worthy's or Mike Owens' recent posts.) If you are going to post images that are not edited, that is, images directly from your camera, SQ is the camera setting you should be using.

I'd like to see your pix. I hope you can post some images that are accessible to everyone on the forum.

--------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest