The Fossil Forum

Gatorman

How did you find The Fossil Forum?  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• I got an invitation from Cris.
    • I got an invitation from Anson.
    • I was invited by another member.
    • Through crisandansonsfossiladventures.com.
    • Google.
    • Yahoo.
    • Msn.
    • Another search engine.
    • other.

Cris and Anson's Fossil Adventures from a link

they left at the old CA forum. I think that's right.

It has been awhile....

Welcome to the forum!

Ok time for a poll, tell us how you found the site.

I have found some pseudobones in Urassic strata last summer and tried to ID ones through Russian fossil forum. I registered on the forum and waited for registration confirmation. In one day I googled 'fosil forum' and found 'thefossilforum.com' . I was registered for ONE minute and got answer on my question FIVE minutes more!! Now I'm happy with my new friends on the FF. Buy the way the registration confirmation from Russian forum is still on it way :)

I have found some pseudobones in Urassic strata last summer and tried to ID ones through Russian fossil forum. I registered on the forum and waited for registration confirmation. In one day I googled 'fosil forum' and found 'thefossilforum.com' . I was registered for ONE minute and got answer on my question FIVE minutes more!! Now I'm happy with my new friends on the FF. Buy the way the registration confirmation from Russian forum is still on it way :)

It is their loss, and our gain :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I was looking for the old California fossil forum that I used to go to some times. This is better!

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I found it by using google. I knew that their were other forums out there so I thought there has to be one for fossils and found this one. It's great!

I think we could get the word out better with bumper stickers : ) or do we want to? ;)

The fossil hunters dilema: Give a person a fossil and you've found a friend for a day. Teach a person to fossil hunt and now you have a friend that finds your teeth, if they get out in front of you, :D and then posts them on the Fossil Forum :blink::D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

The fossil hunters dilema: Give a person a fossil and you've found a friend for a day. Teach a person to fossil hunt and now you have a friend that finds your teeth, if they get out in front of you, :D and then posts them on the Fossil Forum :blink::D

:rofl:

I've got a friend like that. He keeps finding my fossil palm wood. :P

Have I got a deal for you: if we hunt together, I get the bird material, you get everything else. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks. Hes now 10 months old, and a BIG boy. 25lbs already, 8 teeth, and 30 inches tall. He is so much fun. Im going to be training him soon to find my fossils for me :D

Heres a few pics of me and Nathan in NYC last month. He and mommy got to tag along on a business trip.

First pic is in Central Park

Second, well if you dont know :P

3rd is a pumpkin farm in Upstate

Hey Justin,

Nice to see some pictures of junior and good to hear he is doing well.

Beware though, if you teach him how to find fossils it will only be a matter of time before he snatches up the good stuff right in front of you. ;)

Cheers,

Paul

"And the men who hold high places, Must be the ones to start

To mould a new reality, Closer to the Heart"

(Rush, "Closer to the Heart" from the album "A Farewell to Kings")

Have I got a deal for you: if we hunt together, I get the bird material, you get everything else. :)

Glad you guys liked that dilemma :D

Auspex, that sound like a good deal to me, depending on what the specimen was :D I also was considering trading you for one of my Lee creek Razorbill Auk ulna's. I mean, I have two, why not share with someone who will enjoy them. :D Pm me if your interested.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

i have the perfect fossil hunting situation. i hunt with my son, and the only thing better than if i find something cool, is if he finds something cool. i tease him about always finding the good stuff, but there's nothing better than seeing him find something really special and getting all excited about it with him.

I found this site by doing a search about fossils on Google.

Love the Fossil Hunter's Dilemna...how true.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.