More Trash Can Ammo's !

RJB

I did some more prep work on some ammos today, but these all have problems! Dang!! The two really colorful ones are from the Fox Hills Formation, but sadly, they are not complete. The one on the right has some major damage! The light colored one is actually kinda cool, some nice white crystals on the right side of it, but this ammo, (Scaphites mariasensis) has been crushed, squeezed, flattened, bent and twisted!!! Dang again!!! Looks like these things are headed for the trash can!!! Ha!!!

RB

post-171-1208553477_thumb.jpg

post-171-1208553545_thumb.jpg

Sir, if those are trash can ammonites, I'll gladly change my title to Sanitation Engineer.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

You one funny dude Dan! That post of yours made me laugh outloud. Thanks. But Im always kidding around when it comes to fossil specimens that arent perfect!!! I used to call everything not perfect "Lake Skippers", but that covers just about every single fossil I have! Actually its quite nice that you cant just go out and find perfect specimens everywhere you go, if so, there would be no challenge, and everyone and everyones grandma would have perfect specimens! So, whenever you see me write about trashcan specimens, im just kidding. But still, these will used for sale at a show next year to make some money for gas so I can go out and find many more imperfect specimens.

RB

Since I'm not as proficient as you at prep I've always focused on locating museum grade specimens so Ma Nature's skilled hand is not obscured by my manual transgressions. You on the other hand seem to have nailed down both good sites and expert prep. Keep the images coming!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

You are much too kind Dan. I can look at most of the fossils that I have prepped and see how I should, or could have done more. Especialy in my earlier stuff!!! I guess im getting better, but I still get too impatient! Maybe when im about 80 years old, I may get this prep stuff down pat? But its really a blast to prep out a fossil that is literally buried in rock and get it exposed!!! But for a mystery, my really really beautiful stuff it still to come. It may be as late as next year? Just have to find the time to get them done. Hows that for a fossil mystery? But, once done, pictures will follow. This building a house takes up most of my time and most of my moneys. Dang!!!

RB

Archived