Is This A Fossil Beaver

Ramo

Potassium permanganate is fun stuff. I got a hold of a bunch of it in 7th grade and layered it in a coffee can with other stuff like potassium nitrate and potassium chlorate to make a chemical volcano for a science project. The girls in the room thought they were going to see the old vinegar and baking soda deal and began hazing me, but then everyone clapped as this thing spewed thick ash and smoke and even gurgled green magma all over the face of my papier mache volcano. I got an A. Potassium permanganate if piled and ignited will burn like a mini volcano buy itself, throwing ash up into the air which settles back down around the base - very cool! Of course this was back in the days before you were labeled public threat/terrorist for learning about science first hand.

for some reason this doesn't suprise me Dan. i bet you teach all the teens in the neighborhood this trick!! ( oh and by the way you could get nailed just for telling us how to make it. i have a friend in prison who told a group at a ralley how to make a bomb. for some reason the depatment of homeland security didn't like that very much. HAHAHA)

Brock

Let it go on record that this wasn't a bomb, but rather a chemical volcano put together 25 years ago by 2 kids with permission to take whatever we wanted from the chemical supply room at school. My how times have changed!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."