Mouth Plate Id

rod

Here we go again. We found these in a creek in North Mississippi. Demopolis Formation, Cretaceous.

We also found a number of teeth that appear to be similar to the ones in the plate. Any ideas of what critter these may be from

post-3453-090999000 1280024923_thumb.jpg

post-3453-064302500 1280025009_thumb.jpg

post-3453-050935500 1280025044_thumb.jpg

post-3453-004946400 1280025093_thumb.jpg

- ROD

Here we go again. We found these in a creek in North Mississippi. Demopolis Formation, Cretaceous.

We also found a number of teeth that appear to be similar to the ones in the plate. Any ideas of what critter these may be from

They are crushers from the Drumfish. Nice finds!

I would second that Id on the drumfish, we find them here in the cretaceous of NJ as well. Never that many in one collecting trip though. There must have been a high concentration of them there during that time. That is assuming you did find them all in the same trip.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

I would second that Id on the drumfish, we find them here in the cretaceous of NJ as well. Never that many in one collecting trip though. There must have been a high concentration of them there during that time. That is assuming you did find them all in the same trip.

The tooth plate and all but two of the others were found today.

- ROD

Hi,

I'm OK with CreekCrawler : Pycnodont (or its family) for the first pic.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Archived