Cretaceous Teeth

rod

After sifting in the creek all day, my son found these in the fine matter. Glad he has the good eyes. I would have thrown them out.

THe site is in North MS, Demopolis Formation - Cretaceous

I have an idea of what they may be, but still being new would like some confirmation.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

post-3453-039346100 1280542360_thumb.jpg

- ROD

The only one i can ID for sure is the Lincoln Head Penny. Sorry I can't help, but those are some nice tiny teeth of something.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Branchial teeth from a pyncodont. Around here, we have Anomaeodus phasolus...not sure if there's something different down there.

Branchial teeth from a pyncodont. Around here, we have Anomaeodus phasolus...not sure if there's something different down there.

I would agree with the ID on the lower teeth. Some species of Anomaeodus. In older publications they are sometimes called Stephanodus. The upper two appear at first glance to be some sort of ray teeth. But it is hard to tell from that angle. Better pictures from several sides would help.

After sifting in the creek all day, my son found these in the fine matter. Glad he has the good eyes. I would have thrown them out.

I have an idea of what they may be, but still being new would like some confirmation.

Very nice teeth :)

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

I agree with the lower teeth (The hook-like juvenile tooth is part of the pharyngeal "tooth comb" of the pycnodontoid bony fish Hadrodus priscus (often identified on the East Coast as "Stephanodus)

Upper sure look like ray teeth..

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks. You have confirmed my suspicion of Hadrodus.

I will try to get some more shots of the top ones and post.

- ROD

The only one i can ID for sure is the Lincoln Head Penny. Sorry I can't help, but those are some nice tiny teeth of something.

It's definitely a penny! The way it's lying down I think it's a "post-assassination" penny. :P

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

I agree the top teeth are probably some sort of ray. My guess on the top teeth are Rhombodus sp., although perhaps too warn to properly identify?

Hi there the teeth under are Eotrigonodon sp for example one from belgium

see pict greats arien

post-2749-014425500 1280779235_thumb.jpg