New Fossil Finds! From Arkansas

fossilfinder

These are some interesting looking fossils from my marion co. Akansas site! I do appreciate any help with names for these creatures!

post-412-1209336685_thumb.jpg

post-412-1209336753_thumb.jpg

post-412-1209336813_thumb.jpg

post-412-1209337007_thumb.jpg

post-412-1209337040_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

The second pic looks like an Abatocrinus crinoid, and the third is a fenestrellina bryzoa. Probably, some other ones are also crinoids.

The second pic looks like an Abatocrinus crinoid, and the third is a fenestrellina bryzoa. Probably, some other ones are also crinoids.

The Abatocrinus crinoid, is the same type fossil I was calling a nut! The fenestrellina bryzoa, is this a plant ? Thank for this info ! :)

Guest solius symbiosus
The fenestrellina bryzoa, is this a plant ? Thank for this info ! :)

Nah, they are called "moss animals". Sometimes little screw like things{Archimedes), that they used for attachments, can be found with them. They were relatively complex little critters for their time, and can still be found in farm ponds.

HERE is a link to a Wiki page that describes them.

EDIT: The part that I underlined is kind of misleading; the fronds "spring" from the whorls on the Archimedes.

Nah, they are called "moss animals". Sometimes little screw like things{Archimedes), that they used for attachments, can be found with them. They were relatively complex little critters for their time, and can still be found in farm ponds.

HERE is a link to a Wiki page that describes them.

EDIT: The part that I underlined is kind of misleading; the fronds "spring" from the whorls on the Archimedes.

Thanks again for the info! I'll check out the link