Auction Site?

RJB

I cant remember who, I think it may have been Brock, but someone told me of an auction website that was NOT ebay. I really do have to get rid of most of the stuff Ive been working and then some. Does anyone know of a good auction site that doesnt resemble Fee Bay!? Thanks

RB

I would guess he was refering to Craigs list

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I would guess he was refering to Craigs list

Thanks Bowkill, but im not sure what "Craigs list" is?

RB

www.craigslist.org

It's kind of like an auction site, but it's free, and you can make it a little more local if you want.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

RB

If you have considered just selling outright, there are lots of free sites for it, freewebs being one.

Free Selling Site Here

Another one is bluejay although I couldn't find their homepage.

Welcome to the forum!

Guest N.AL.hunter

RJB,

Why not post the pics of the ones you want to sell on this forum and let us have a chance to buy them (if we can afford them, some oy your stuff is so nice)? Maybe even auction them off if it is allowed?

ron

there are two auction houses that i have dealt with. i am assuming this is what i had mentioned before. one is the im chait auction in LA and NY and the other it the heritage auction house in texas. they are both actual auctions and not a self listing online site, although they do accept online bids through ebay. if you have anything that is quite nice and oyu would like to try it at auction send me pictures and i can forward it on to a friend who works there. he is always asking me if i have anything to put in the auction. one of your nice ammonites might do very well there. mostly they are looking for showy decorative pieces that rich people buy for their mansions.

hope this was what you were talking about.

Brock

Thanks a ton everyone. And yeah, I just might put on a few fossils in the "Trade and Sales" part of this forum and see what happens. And Brock, let me make sure which sphenos I want to keep, (plus I still have to get them finished), I think im going to keep just one, but maybe the next best one I will try and auction at your buddys auction place? sounds very interesting. I will let you know. Ive got to get this master bahroom concrete form built and pored, and then Im off for at least a week to go fishing with my dad, but after that, I will find some time. Thanks again everbody!

RB

just so you know the deadline ot submit items for the auction is the end of june. i will keep you updated.