Kansas Crinoids

Jimi

Neat! Do you know their age?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I haven't started researching them yet. I was going through rocks I collected on a trip to Colorado and found them(forgot they existed) lol

Looks like they are from the Upper Pennsylvanian period.

yes I believe you are correct. What are the erra of the crinoids in MO? Mine are mississippian. Do you have any crinoid heads that you have found?

Crinoids in Mo range from Silurian to Devonian era.

I haven't had the luck to find a crinoid head yet. Waiting for the Mississippi river to get low to look for some.

Crinoids (Uintacrinus) are found in the Niobrara Chalk (Late Cretaceous) of Kansas and a formation in Colorado as well, I think.

I haven't started researching them yet. I was going through rocks I collected on a trip to Colorado and found them(forgot they existed) lol

Those cool free-floating crinoids are found out west, but I've never found any. Eastern Kansas has lots of crinoid pieces, but I have never found a head in KS.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Crinoids in Mo range from Silurian to Devonian era.

I haven't had the luck to find a crinoid head yet. Waiting for the Mississippi river to get low to look for some.

Jimi -

check out Cape Rock Park along the river in Cape Girardeau. There are some really cool ones there.

Archived