An Artist's Hello!

Sara Richard

Let me know!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What prehistoric animal should I stylize next??

• Terror Bird
    • Mosasaur
    • Spinosaurus
    • Amargasaurus
    • Parasaurolophus

Hello all!

My name is Sara Richard and I'm new to the forum!

I wanted to share my paleo-art with other enthusiasts to get some feedback and a little exposure. I've had a few pieces published in Prehistoric Times Magazine and next issue I should be getting my first resin kit of a Scipionyx Bust reviewed. I'll also have an ad advertising the kit and prints for sale. Check it out!

Until then Please see my website www.SaraRichard.com.

Also, if you have kids who like dinos, I'll be doing a workshop at the PlayLab in the Field Museum Next July. Updates to come closer to the date, but just a heads up! :D

Here are a few samples of my work, please enjoy!

baryonyx%20large.jpg

website%20utahraptor%20iguanadon%20final.jpg

website_thalasso.jpg

scipionyx%20.jpg

website_megaloceros.jpg

website%20scipionyx%20painted%20.jpg

Also feel free to Email me to chat more about my work.

Thank you all for looking!

Take care,

Sara

Welcome to the Forum :)

Your artwork is wonderful! Such a different and vibrant take on the subjects :wub:

We do restrict sales offers to the Member Trades & Sales forum, and, at that, to members who have established themselves through participation; I hope you will be joining our discussions and achieve that status soon!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thank you!

I understand about the sales now, I've edited my post to reflect it and I'll work on getting up to that status! Thank you!

Sara,

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut! :D

WOW!!! I really like your work. :)

Very impressive, from the realistic bust, to the stylized pics! :wub:

AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing!

Do you collect as well?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Best regards,

EDIT: Website Favorited! ;):D:wub:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome from Texas. Love your artwork! :wub:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

lessee...feedback and exposure, feedback and exposure....hmmm....

as far as feedback goes, well you definitely have some artistic talent. sorta got some semi-scariness goin' on, from my frame of reference, but that's not necessarily a bad thing...

exposure - well, got lots of folks here who love fossils. i know i do...

welcome to the forum.

post-488-000454600 1284502529_thumb.jpg

:D

scale in avatar is millimeters

Come visit Sandi, the 'Fossil Journey Cruiser'

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce

Welcome to the forum. I recognized your pterosaur which is featured in the current issue of "Prehistoric Times." Your style is unique and interesting.

Hi and welcome. Your work is amazing. very different from the usual paleo art I've seen. I love the abstract quality. Reminds me of Japanese art in some respects, but with a modern twist. What would you say your influences are?

My company produces artwork but quite different from yours. Have a look at finefossils.com. It would be great to get some feedback.

I hope you enjoy using the forum.

Hi and welcome. Your work is amazing. very different from the usual paleo art I've seen. I love the abstract quality. Reminds me of Japanese art in some respects, but with a modern twist. What would you say your influences are?

My company produces artwork but quite different from yours. Have a look at finefossils.com. It would be great to get some feedback.

I hope you enjoy using the forum.

Thank you! I will definitely take a look at the website!

I would say my major influences are definitely Japanese ink paintings and also Art nouveau.

I love the composition that the traditional ink paintings use, just so simple yet so complicated in creating a sound composition. And the organic line work of art nouveau has always been a major interest of mine. As far as paleo-artists William Stout is a biggie. ^_^ And for the sculptures, Dave Silva's amazing sculpts at Creative-Beast Studio are a huge inspirations. I have his Dilophosaurus kit and it's such an amazing reference and beautiful art piece.

Thank you all so much! I'm very excited to post new work up soon. Needless to say, I've been so inspired by all the feedback so far!

Thank you all so much! I'm very excited to post new work up soon. Needless to say, I've been so inspired by all the feedback so far!

your artwork is amazing :wub:

welcome from ontario

-Shamus

The Ordovician enthusiast.

very nice and unique! i like both your paleo and non-paleo work

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Your work is fantastic and it reminds me of one of my favorite artists Jody Bergsma.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Welcome from Ithaca, NY! Your style is so unique I love it! The megaloceros is my favorite

-Emily

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Thank you!!

Oh, and just looked at the poll too, Looks like I better start up a terror bird and mosasaur piece...Not together, although that would make for an interesting illustration. LOL!

Thank you all again. This forum is so great!

Your work is fantastic and it reminds me of one of my favorite artists Jody Bergsma.

Wow! Her work is amazing! I'd never heard of her before. But I'm definitely a fan now. ^_^ Can you image if she did paleo-art?? That would be so cool. ^_^

Thank you!

I really like your style - reminds me of William Stout's art fused with Chinese and Japanese prints. Bobby

Great artwork, Sara!! Nice to have you here. Welcome to the Forum. But you still haven't answered Tim's question. Do you collect fossils yourself?

Best wishes, Roger.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

WOO HOO! The Terror Bird is winning!post-423-067422400 1284849195_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived