An Artist's Hello!

Sara Richard

Let me know!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What prehistoric animal should I stylize next??

• Terror Bird
    • Mosasaur
    • Spinosaurus
    • Amargasaurus
    • Parasaurolophus

Great artwork, Sara!! Nice to have you here. Welcome to the Forum. But you still haven't answered Tim's question. Do you collect fossils yourself?

Best wishes, Roger.

Thank you!

Unfortunately my budget doesn't let me collect any fossils. Just art books and small kits right now. I have had my eye on a terror bird replica skull for someday in the future. As well as a velociraptor replica leg section. I would love to own a really nice fossil someday. ^_^

Also! I have the basic idea of the terror bird illustration and sculpt! I'm torn between a gastornis and a kelenken. Mostly the gastornis is so cool with a blunter beak and a bit stockier build but the kelenken..is fun to say for one, but the biggest terror bird.

I'll upload the sketch soon when its a little more than a ball of lines. ^_^

Sketch cards!

Here are some sketch cards that I have found in my studio. Haven't gotten around to uploading them until today. Hope you guys like them!

2wnwpkm.jpg

117qt77.jpg

2wof8t1.jpg

...I have had my eye on a terror bird replica skull for someday in the future...

Still has a day to go, but this one might be worth bidding on: My link

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome to the Forum :)

Your artwork is wonderful! Such a different and vibrant take on the subjects :wub:

We do restrict sales offers to the Member Trades & Sales forum, and, at that, to members who have established themselves through participation; I hope you will be joining our discussions and achieve that status soon!

WOW awsome art work! welcome to the forum from IL!

wow those are amazing!

welcome from ontario

-Shamus

The Ordovician enthusiast.

Thank you!

I'm torn between a gastornis and a kelenken. Mostly the gastornis is so cool with a blunter beak and a bit stockier build but the kelenken..is fun to say for one, but the biggest terror bird.

I have a soft spot for the N.A. native, but K. guillermoi is bad to the bone... B)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Really cool artwork. I really like the last two. Will definitely be looking forward to seeing more! :Thumbs Up:

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Wow :o Really awesome!!!

Maybe you can play around with the Moso mascot we have ;)logo.png

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

please do! we're trying to do a nice redesign for it for the next round (after this one) of t-shirts. see the thread here

i love all of your stuff, I especially love the archaeopteryx! just a quick art question, what materials (paper, pencils, erasers) do you use for basic sketching? I'm more of a cartoon person but i occasionally do some realistic stuff

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Your art work is fabulous! You really bring them to life and give them a soul. I like the ones where they look intelligent.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

A belated welcome! I always love it when we acquire another artist to the forum.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Hi and welcome to the forum Sara! Your art is fantastic! I voted 'Terror Bird' because the area where I live and dive has produced fossils from that amazing creature. :-)

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

Still has a day to go, but this one might be worth bidding on: My link

Oh wow...I need this! Thank you! I'm definitely going to watch it. A really great deal :D

Very cool! I'd love to draw him up!

Thank you!

please do! we're trying to do a nice redesign for it for the next round (after this one) of t-shirts. see the thread here

i love all of your stuff, I especially love the archaeopteryx! just a quick art question, what materials (paper, pencils, erasers) do you use for basic sketching? I'm more of a cartoon person but i occasionally do some realistic stuff

Awesome! So is the mascot just the mosasaur skeleton or like the sketch with the hat? I'd love to play around with the idea! When are you planning on doing the next round of shirts? I'll start sketching up something! :D

For basic sketches i use strathmore sketch paper or different card stocks for a cool background, and hb mechanical pencils or prismacolor color pencils. I also really like kneaded erasers (they're great to get even the smallest to largest mistakes to go away...and fun to mold into little dinos) Or eraser sticks. They're kinda like mechanical pencils except an eraser comes out when you click it.

Your art work is fabulous! You really bring them to life and give them a soul. I like the ones where they look intelligent.

um, just say "no" to anthropomorphism. have you personally known many lizards?

:startle: Wow great artwork.It is refreshing to see old school spiced up into something totally new and still has the style to keep it all complimentry.Nice. :goodjob:

Bear-dog.

I have a bearded dragon named Charlie. He's definitely a character and always looks like he's thinking. Do you know any lizards? LOL.

I don't think I'm anthropomorphizing the drawings though. You can illustrate soul and intelligence without that.

??

:startle: Wow great artwork.It is refreshing to see old school spiced up into something totally new and still has the style to keep it all complimentry.Nice. :goodjob:

Thank you very much!:D

I have a bearded dragon named Charlie. He's definitely a character and always looks like he's thinking. Do you know any lizards? LOL.

I don't think I'm anthropomorphizing the drawings though. You can illustrate soul and intelligence without that.

??

i'm pretty sure you're antrhopomorphizing with the paleo women lol i LOVE them!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Well of course, I used to have a pair of anoles I wore as earrings when I was a kid and your just jealous because your cat can draw better then you. :lol: :P

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

i'm pretty sure you're antrhopomorphizing with the paleo women lol i LOVE them!

Haha...yeah ya got me there. LOL But that's different! Haha!

I seem to have missed this post until now.

Very different art. I like it! :)

Thank you very much! :D I should be uploading more work soon. ^_^

Archived