An Artist's Hello!

Sara Richard

Let me know!  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What prehistoric animal should I stylize next??

• Terror Bird
    • Mosasaur
    • Spinosaurus
    • Amargasaurus
    • Parasaurolophus

congrats! it better serve as inspiration for your terror bird piece!

one more question. if any, what photo edit/ digital art software do you use?

-Emily

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Welcome in :D

I like seeing artistic interpretation instead of adhering to the more clinical representation. Brings the beasties to life.

Well done!

Be true to the reality you create.

congrats! it better serve as inspiration for your terror bird piece!

one more question. if any, what photo edit/ digital art software do you use?

-Emily

Hi Emily!

I use photoshop just for moving around the lines if I need to correct them before transferring to a piece of cardstock with graphite paper. i also use it for resizing and putting watermarks on before posting the pieces up online....most of the time ^_^

Everything else is good ol' acrylic paints, pencil and ink.

Welcome in :D

I like seeing artistic interpretation instead of adhering to the more clinical representation. Brings the beasties to life.

Well done!

Thank you very much. ^_^

Hey Sara, welcome from central Mass. fellow New Englander. The artwork is stunning, great stuff. Love to see more.

Hey Sara, welcome from central Mass. fellow New Englander. The artwork is stunning, great stuff. Love to see more.

Thank you very much! Dinosaurs... or dinosaaahs are WICKED cool. (woo New England. LOL) :D

I have a bearded dragon named Charlie. He's definitely a character and always looks like he's thinking. Do you know any lizards? LOL.

I don't think I'm anthropomorphizing the drawings though. You can illustrate soul and intelligence without that.

??

I have found out that most lizards from down under are as smart as a small mammal, Fo Fo aka the monster is 8+ years old and I know

at times she can out think me or on my level lol

I watch the monster and can see how dinos work sort of

I thank you for lighting the arty spark under me, your work has got me thinking again.

I have found out that most lizards from down under are as smart as a small mammal, Fo Fo aka the monster is 8+ years old and I know

at times she can out think me or on my level lol

I watch the monster and can see how dinos work sort of

I thank you for lighting the arty spark under me, your work has got me thinking again.

^_^ Haha awesome! Yeah beardies are great. I would love to get an argentinian tegu sometime....but I don't have the space or funds for that.

and Thank you! I'll be posting more soon. I'll be in New York for a comic convention this weekend but after I'm definitely getting started on the terror bird illustration ^_^

Welcome to the forum from The Netherlands.

Your work is AMAZING.

Thank you so much!

Sorry for the late reply, I was at a comic convention all weekend. The dinos went over well ^_^ I also got to meet the writer of the new Jurassic Park comics. It was pretty cool. :D

Also my Gastornis skull came in the mail as well as all my resin kits of the scipionyx! Hooray!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow...it's been so long! I didn't want anyone to think I've dropped off the planet. Just very busy planning a dinosaur related children's book idea of mine. Also, just generally swamped with work. How is everyone??!

Archived