....still Laughing......

Uncle Siphuncle

Would y'all believe I got an email yesterday from someone actually chewing me out for OVERSHARING sites??? I'm sure I've been cussed many times over for being tight lipped concerning site info, so this just strikes me funny. I'd like to revise the old adage of "You can't please everyone" to "You can't please anyone".

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

He must've been sittin' with his toes stuck out in the aisle, for you of all people to have stepped on them!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter

Well don't you know that every time you post a picture of a site, I use Google Earth to look at every square inch of the small state of Texas to find an exact match of what I see in the picture!! Now I know all your secrets!!

dan, you've obviously been unable to come to grips with functioning based on the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. forward me a list of all localities you've given out, and those which you have not given out, and i will provide for you an analysis of how to deal with them as both known and unknown simultaneously, as a waveform analog...

Wow! You?!? REALLY?!?!

Kind of hard to believe.

Well, I guess you're right, Dan.

Can't please anyone.

Best to not even try.

Regards.

PS... While you're in an oversharing mood....? :);)

:unsure: Thought so. ;)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I agree with Tracer and while you are at it, make me a copy.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Actually guys I was going to suggest that this guy forward me HIS site log, just to make sure these misunderstandings never arise again....

Grüße,

Wow. homo sapiens have been evolving for how many hundreds of thousands of years now?? Charles Darwin, eat your heart out.

CF

That's just crazy man..

If I had sites that produced like yours, I would have to sew my lips shut :D

I have been on this forum for about two years now and would say that you are extremely tight lipped about site info and respect others places as well.

Dan. frankly I am disappointed...you've been yacking away all this site info to everybody else but me...how come? since you are sharing an all, don't forget your old buddy, send some sites my way too!)

OK time for some productive site info:

Lake Texoma

North Sulphur River

Post Oak Creek

Whiskey Bridge

Trinity River downstream of Inwood Road

Lake Benbrook Spillway

Lost Creek Reservoir borrow pit (Jacksboro)

Mineral Wells Fossil Park

All good sites, ain't no two ways about it! Oops I may have overshared once again....I truly hope I haven't offended anyone!

Grüße,

NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine is designed to simplify the management of your data-sensitive fossil localities

NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine offers online file storage and backup services with an array of enhanced features to make storing and protecting your Fossil data more convenient than ever.

NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine offers access to your Fossil data from anywhere you are connected to the Internet.

Why choose your HDrive? NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine is safe. No need to worry about running out of space on your local hard drive, avoid the hassle of using external storage devices.

NandomasSafeBackupOnLine supports all file types, like Fossil GPS P.O.I., Goggle Earth.kmz, Fossil Reports.doc, Fossil Reports.docx, Fossil Reports.pdf, Fossil Pictures.jpeg, Fossil Movie.mov etcetc.

Access Whenever, Wherever.

SPECIAL FOR TEXANS REGISTRED AT THE FOSSIL FORUM: Subscrive NandomasSafeBackupOnLine for FREE!!!

Your Sensitive Fossil Data are safer than ever!!! Gain access to your Fossil Data at anytime, from anywhere you are connected to the Internet.

Stop Worrying, Protect Your Fossil Files. No need to worry anymore about losing your fossil data due to computer failures or others fossil hunters threats.

SPECIAL FOR TEXANS REGISTRED AT "THE FOSSIL FORUM": LONE STAR STATE MEMBERS will have at least 50GB of online storage for free. Storage and backup account sizes are based on the quality of your fossil places.

Just sign in sending a good fossil places to NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackup@givemeyourfossilplace.com

;):P:D:)

Edited by Nandomas

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

I just wanted to add that I really thank Dan for some of the great information he has given regarding his sites, informative info like "stream, and unpassable muddy dirt road". Also info like site 381, you can cross reference this site info where? Also if you notice Dan leaves late at nite so he can spot anyone tailing him, because we all want to go crawl around on our hands and knees in the pictch black with a flashlight in our mouth.... hard core !!!

And thanks Dan for telling everyone about Whiskey Bridge, now there probably wont be enough chiggers and fire ants to go around.

Sorry but had to post, this is the most civil and well organized forum I have ever been on. I was suprised by Dans post, Toes in the aisle indeed.

:lolu::lol: That was GOOD!

NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine is designed to simplify the management of your data-sensitive fossil localities

NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine offers online file storage and backup services with an array of enhanced features to make storing and protecting your Fossil data more convenient than ever.

NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine offers access to your Fossil data from anywhere you are connected to the Internet.

Why choose your HDrive? NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackupOnLine is safe. No need to worry about running out of space on your local hard drive, avoid the hassle of using external storage devices.

NandomasSafeBackupOnLine supports all file types, like Fossil GPS P.O.I., Goggle Earth.kmz, Fossil Reports.doc, Fossil Reports.docx, Fossil Reports.pdf, Fossil Pictures.jpeg, Fossil Movie.mov etcetc.

SPECIAL FOR TEXANS REGISTRED AT THE FOSSIL FORUM: Subscrive NandomasSafeBackupOnLine for FREE!!!

Your Sensitive Fossil Data are safer than ever!!! Gain access to your Fossil Data at anytime, from anywhere you are connected to the Internet.

Stop Worrying, Protect Your Fossil Files. No need to worry anymore about losing your fossil data due to computer failures or others fossil hunters threats.

SPECIAL FOR TEXANS REGISTRED AT "THE FOSSIL FORUM": LONE STAR STATE MEMBERS will have at least 50GB of online storage for free. Storage and backup account sizes are based on the quality of your fossil places.

Just sign in sending a good fossil places to NandomasFossilLocalitiesSafeBackup@givemeyourfossilplace.com

Welcome to the forum!

Oh boy! A place to put all my Xiphactinus and Mosasaur sites in kansas!! :lol:

Now that was some good material, Nando!....could you please post to this Forum some examples of the sensitive, hard earned site information that someone spent thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars ferreting out? You really need to authenticate this service through unauthorized testamonials.....

Grüße,

>my sides hurt<

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

OK time for some productive site info:

Lake Texoma

North Sulphur River

Post Oak Creek

Whiskey Bridge

Trinity River downstream of Inwood Road

Lake Benbrook Spillway

Lost Creek Reservoir borrow pit (Jacksboro)

Mineral Wells Fossil Park

All good sites, ain't no two ways about it! Oops I may have overshared once again....I truly hope I haven't offended anyone!

Kiss those sites good bye. I just took my 5 cubic yard excavator and coverted top soil screen and clean up everying 6 ft down, 20 ft wide and 2-3 miles long. Humm now what to with my several truck loads of teeth and bone?

ok lissen, i been ALL them places he mentioned, and they ain't nary a won of them that was ok. i'll tell you why...

lake texoma is like the size of three states, and the fossils there have all been sized and placed for the specific purpose of causing hernias. and the "matrix" there, if you want to call it that, makes diamond feel spongy. you know you're in deep doodoo when you whack a rock and freaking sparks fly off.

north sulphur river - two words, "creek crawler" and "barefoot grill". oh, and the vicious, sadistic ozan formation, taylor shale, hip-smashing slipperiness.

post oak creek - cootie city, with more broken glass than you've ever seen in your life. you can get an infection in that place which, if you're lucky, will be killed off by another infection that you also got from that place. yep, the bugs there got bugs. (my theories are accepted in eleven jurisdictions as fact). oh, and the thorns if you try to avoid the cooties by going along the banks...

whiskey bridge - if flipping backwards over giant rocks while some teenager laughs at you in slow motion as you're heading headfirst into the brazos seems ok to you, then go have a blast. but for the record, the fossils are more fragile than that rice paper that the "kung fu" guy tried to walk on without tearing, and they're buried in "glauconite", which is a fancy science word for metamorphosed snail poop.

trinity river downstream of inwood - ok, look, i went there, and i freaking LEFT without spending any quality time in the neighborhood. folks, read up a bit on west dallas. the area was allegedly sort of rough even back when clyde barrow and bonnie parker were growing up there, and i've heard that the post oak creek cooties are scared to even meander through that area. need to go back but haven't had the time to look for a fully-automatic rock hammer to take with me...

lake benbrook spillway - hmmm...nothing bad really happened there. but that's one of them places gots lebenty million footprints and some impressions where maybe some cool stuff was removed ten minutes fore you got there by a local on his daily rounds...

jacksboro - got snattlerakes there, and double lebenty million footprints. and killer cows. oh, and blazin' sun on the black whatchamacallit playa-looking moonscape shaley madness.

mineral wells - ain't been there since it got officialized. prolly ought to only say good stuff about it since it's officialized and folks are prolly pretty proud of it as a local treasure and all. ya'll ever been to mineral wells? how bout weatherford? well maybe you should go. true texas towns.

ok, dan, now since you named like eight places about five hours from your area, can we have eight more from around san antone? :)

yeah, it makes a difference. i've kinda gone full circle on the issue. i was really mad when me and tj got all het up over fossils that nobody would help us a bit with figuring out where to go. but now i've seen so many people in action who pick up anything worth a dime to sell that i just hate seeing places ruined, specially with as few places as there are near me and with how many tracks i already see sometimes when i go out trying to have a fun day with my son. well, used to, anyway. lord knows what he's doing at the moment but it probably involves more fillies than fossils.

i'm glad i don't have the "fever" like i did at first. makes the explorin' more fun when you don't just obsess over the findin'...

I think the quote in my sig applies to this situation. some people are just so greedy ( though I'd understand if it was a disgruntled landowner sick of freaks climbing around in his backyard hehe). I am so grateful of people who are willing to share their passion, fossils, and knowledge with me. For without you guys I wouldn't be in such a fortunate position today. So I say, keep on 'over'sharing!

-Emily

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

dan, you've obviously been unable to come to grips with functioning based on the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. forward me a list of all localities you've given out, and those which you have not given out, and i will provide for you an analysis of how to deal with them as both known and unknown simultaneously, as a waveform analog...

Heisenberg is my Hero!

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite