Coprolite Or Seed Pods?

fossiladdict

Found these at the Sulphur river- are the two long ones coprolite or seed pods or? I think they are coprolite.

post-4072-079340200 1284764121_thumb.jpg

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

They certainly have "the look".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yep...coprolites.

Very nice ones too....I haven't found any there yet.

scale in avatar is millimeters

Come visit Sandi, the 'Fossil Journey Cruiser'

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce

I may be way off base here, but doesn't the item in the lower left resemble a Globidens tooth. Is that enamel covering the piece ??

I may be way off base here, but doesn't the item in the lower left resemble a Globidens tooth. Is that enamel covering the piece ??

i certainly see what you're seeing, but the pic needs to be a bit sharper for me to feel definite about it. but yes it resembles a broken top of a globidens tooth to me.

The top one is a shark coprolite. The one on the right is a coprolite as well, but not shark, not sure who. Bottom one is blurry; not a vert is it? Split?

Found these at the Sulphur river- are the two long ones coprolite or seed pods or? I think they are coprolite.

The "tooth" looking one looks more like a walnut to me :). When I get home tonight I will get it out and take a better picture.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

See if this helps to identify the "tooth" that looks like a walnut to me :D.

post-4072-051569700 1284906796_thumb.jpg

post-4072-070570100 1284906806_thumb.jpg

post-4072-049817900 1284906818_thumb.jpg

post-4072-029683200 1284906829_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

looks like globidens!!!! all the rest are coprolites but the top 1 looks like shark coprolite. im new and im 11

Could also be a piece of solitary coral perhaps.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'