Anyone Not Too Far From Dayton, Oh Want To Go Searching Out Some Fossils?

Kyleontheweb

Greetings,

I live near Dayton, Ohio, and I am looking for some people who don't live too far away from here who would be interested in going out fossil hunting. I'm getting a lot more into going out collecting this year, but I don't have a lot of experience with it yet. I would be glad to have some companions to go hunting with. Maybe you know some good sites we should check out? I have been looking at some local sites, and found a few cool things. I'm looking for some trilobites because I haven't been able to find one in my life yet, but I know they are around here. I am interested in all kinds of fossils though and will go looking for anything. Please reply here or send PMs if you would like to go out hunting.

~Kyle

K

Have you joined the Cincinnati Dry Dredgers yet? I found out early on that by joining clubs and networking with folks with similar collecting philosophies, some pretty good trips can be had off the beaten path. As you get your feet wet you'll probably find the club trips to be much better than what you can come up with on your own. Just a thought.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Guest solius symbiosus

I'll PM you in a few days, I've been wanting to find an outcrop of one of the "death" beds you have in that area.

Solius, sounds good, We'll plan to check out something around here soon.

Dan,

I have been considering going to one of the Dry Dredger meetings. I might try to go to the next one. The main issue is that the meeting area is pretty far away from me, it's quite a trip to make. I'm actually north of Dayton, so going down to Cincinnati takes some time. I will probably go check it out soon though, seems like a good idea.

If week day traffic and fuel are your concerns, join and just go on the field trips.

Grüße,

Hi,

I am currently living in Findlay, Ohio and i am really interested in fossil hunting.

Dapalis1

Dapalis1

Hello Dapalis1,

I've been to Findlay several times, because it's kind of half-way to my sister's house near Detroit, so we meet up there sometimes. It's more than a couple of hours north from where I'm at. Do you have any places you like to hunt at, or are you just starting with fossil hunting kind of like me?

Hi,

I am currently living in Findlay, Ohio and i am really interested in fossil hunting.

Dapalis1

Dan, were you ever a member of the group? I didn't know if it was possible to just go on the field trips without attending the meetings. I can probably find out all about that pretty easily though after going to one meeting.

Thanks for the suggestions.

~Kyle

If week day traffic and fuel are your concerns, join and just go on the field trips.

I'm a member of the group but live in TX. Membership is cheap. I think its about $20-25 for 3 years. They do announce many of the field trips at meetings, so if you join and then email their field trip coordinator, Bill Heimbrock, after the scheduled meetings you can probably stay abreast of trip plans from afar.

Grüße,