Teh Mos Funkitated Toof Ever

tracer

ok, so i never would have posted this in a million years, which is i guess a fossil thought cuz it's more than 10K years old. anyway, the deal is that tj said he wanted me to post this and ask ya'll about it because he never seems to quite believe me when i tell him what stuff is. i told him this toof was just funkitated and from an aminule that was in dire need of a dentist but he wasn't sure so ya'll tell him cuz i'm tired of tellin' him...

post-488-063237200 1286326997_thumb.jpg

post-488-080764500 1286326999_thumb.jpg

post-488-038043000 1286327003_thumb.jpg

is this tooth parthanongical or just from an old critter with an aversion to flossing? you don't have to answer that, cuz i know it was a critter what lived in low gravity and hung sideways in teh air too much when it was chewing and the toof got all cattywhompus.

<callin' off camera> tj, i'd bet you five samolians i'm right if i had any samolians left after giving you all teh dang samolians for "school". who you studyin' today?1 huh?

Maybe he bit down on a date pit?

How come the enamel seems to loop into the core a little? Is that usual for certain sloth teeth?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I think it's a deformed Equus lower. It doesn't look like it was just worn postmortem on the sides. It could be just an old individual. Some teeth can show unusual wear if an animal lives long enough.

ok, so i never would have posted this in a million years, which is i guess a fossil thought cuz it's more than 10K years old. anyway, the deal is that tj said he wanted me to post this and ask ya'll about it because he never seems to quite believe me when i tell him what stuff is. i told him this toof was just funkitated and from an aminule that was in dire need of a dentist but he wasn't sure so ya'll tell him cuz i'm tired of tellin' him...

is this tooth parthanongical or just from an old critter with an aversion to flossing? you don't have to answer that, cuz i know it was a critter what lived in low gravity and hung sideways in teh air too much when it was chewing and the toof got all cattywhompus.

<callin' off camera> tj, i'd bet you five samolians i'm right if i had any samolians left after giving you all teh dang samolians for "school". who you studyin' today?1 huh?

Edited by siteseer

I think it's a deformed Equus lower. It doesn't look like it was just worn postmortem on the sides. It could be just an old individual. Some teeth can show unusual wear if an animal lives long enough.

Good point. Remember, as horses age, their teeth start moving and end up slanted from their original position. From [[[[ to <<<<

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I was thinking senile horse lower, but there may be other factors as play as alluded to by my esteemed colleagues above......

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

:) ... :D ... :lol: ... :laughing on the floor 24: ... :wacko: Ok. I'm back.I agree with it being an old horse and probably had a lot of sand in it's diet.

Bear-dog.

• 4 weeks later...

This specimen does appear to be a deformed horse tooth. My examples of senile hypsodont horse teeth are much shorter and this one still has most of its original crown height left.