Psittacosaur Mount

ebrocklds

i just finished mounting this little psittacosaur. the specimen was not super to begin with but it made a nice display after all was said and done.

2008050910323214.JPG

Brock

Guest michael

that a very nice Psittacosaur Mount ebrocklds can you gave me a list of wher 2 see your dino mounts in usa

"...it made a nice display..."

Boy, you got that right! I wish I had that kind of skill; it must be very gratifying.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

i just finished mounting this little psittacosaur. the specimen was not super to begin with but it made a nice display after all was said and done.

2008050910323214.JPG

Brock

Looks good - what percentage was reconstruction?? Also where was the animal collected??

Roger

Guest michael
Looks good - what percentage was reconstruction?? Also where was the animal collected??

Roger

all Psittacosaurus

are found in Asia

the only reconstruction i did were the coracoids. i noticed that there were a few toe bones reconstructed before i got to it.

i believe this one came from mongolia, but i am not certain. even if they were found in china many of the importers claim they are from mongolia to avoid the export problems, essentially smuggling them out. this specimen was bought at the tucson show about 10-15 years ago and was unprepared at the time. more than that i do not know as the animal is not mine, just a job.

Brock

:o:o:o

Wow, cool! I can't have any big fossils in my house or my parents would kill me. I once went to a market here and got six big ammonites off of someone for like $100. Needless to say, my parents nearly killed me. Now i keep them at my grandmother's house, where nobody knows where they are ;).

Anyway, great specimen.

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

2008050910323214.JPG

Brock

Nice, man! I want one :rolleyes:

As many times need you to to bring out to the street? what type of food you give him? he bites?

just kidding :)

Wow, that is really, really cool. Where do you keep him?

Excellent job too!

When I find my first skull, I have a place already for it.

Now, just need to find.

Welcome to the forum!