More Texas Verts

crf250rsx3

I found the vertebrates on the top row in the bottom of a creek a month or two ago I went back the day after I found them and dug for a while and did not find any thing else. Yesterday we went to the same spot and found the two on the bottom row in the exact same spot sitting on the top!! We dug around again and found nothing else but those two rock things that look like they are the same kind of material the verts and a fairly good size shark vertebrae. Every thing we found yesterday is on the bottom row. Should I go back and dig into the sides of the creek? I tried to take detailed pics of the ones we found yesterday there are detailed pictures of the other ones that falcon driver posted. Ive herd these are from a peliosur?

there are pictures here of them close up

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/crf250r_2008/

post-323-1210556221_thumb.jpg

To trace "float" (loose items) to their source, search upstream and/or upslope for more. Stop and dig where you stop finding bits of what you're looking for. The more worn the fossils, the further you may have to go. Ask yourself "how did these get to where they are".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

To trace "float" (loose items) to their source, search upstream and/or upslope for more. Stop and dig where you stop finding bits of what you're looking for. The more worn the fossils, the further you may have to go. Ask yourself "how did these get to where they are".

thanks im going to try to go out there next weekend

thanks im going to try to go out there next weekend

I will drive and help if you want.

FD

LFK