Sign in to follow this  
crash714

Southern California

crash714

Anyone here from Southern California? I've done some hunting and want to learn more about the area but, seems like not much available in my area.

Can anyone recommend any good clubs or websitse that cater to Southern Californians so I could learn more?

Thanks, Eric

Scylla

Anyone here from Southern California? I've done some hunting and want to learn more about the area but, seems like not much available in my area.

Can anyone recommend any good clubs or websitse that cater to Southern Californians so I could learn more?

Thanks, Eric

There is a group that meets at the George paige museum (La Brea Tar Pits). there are a lot of fossils in southern CA. Search this forum and you will find a lot. Happy hunting.

crash714

Thanks! Looks like they are having a meeting this weekend.

I've researched on the web and drove to a few locations that are now fenced off or loaded with "No Trespassing" signs. Looks like I got to drive alittle farther for the places still open to the public.

Eric

dalmanites14

I know a great site in the Marble Mountains in Southern California with the name Latham Shale. Look it up on Google and more info will be available. At this site you can find trilobites and anomalocaris. Enjoy

bfloyd4445

I know a great site in the Marble Mountains in Southern California with the name Latham Shale. Look it up on Google and more info will be available. At this site you can find trilobites and anomalocaris. Enjoy

i thought the marbles were in northern california up by eureka?

Scylla

i thought the marbles were in northern california up by eureka?

Nope they are between LA and Vegas off old route 66 near Cadiz

sam

Has anyone found an anomalocaris here besides that original UC Riverside group that Jack Mount describes?

Sam Edwards

alexi

Potrero Canyon, by Beaumont and Banning.

crash714

Potrero Canyon, by Beaumont and Banning.

Really?! Wow, that is pretty close to my girlfriend house! Gotta go check that out.

garyc

What is found in potrero canyon?