genzod

From South Jersey,and New To The Hobby

genzod

hey is it still legal to collect at the reedy bridge location ? is there anything still there,what other spots are good in new jersey,pennsylvania ,and delaware ?? thanks guys

Darwin Ahoy

You will find a lot of NJ people here (like me). Most of my hunting is done a bit north of you, in Monmouth County. Down there, you should be relatively close to Calvert Cliffs in MD.

darthfossil

The Reedy Point locality is still open. The Corps just moved around alot of material and there is now 4/5 large mounds to pick through. A screen is useful to find better stuff. The DVPS is going there Dec 2nd for a field trip. Belemnite pieces and large oysters are still common finds.

I_gotta_rock

Update: Reedy Point is still open, but most of the sand has been removed and area is getting overgrown. Two exposed hills remain where bits of belemnites, small shell steinkerns, and sometimes the fossilized shells themselves can still be found. Large oysters are hard to find now, but exploring back in the woods has yielded a few in the recent past. If you like microfossils, it's fun to explore with a magnifier. Found some incredibly small sponges and such.