Wrangellian

Proportional Geologic Time Scale

Wrangellian

...And the North American version, and for us Vancouver Islanders, the NA version with V.I. events added in bold:

timescale-NA.jpg

timescale-NA-VI.jpg

Wrangellian

As the Cambrian has a newly-named Series and Stage, here is the updated version:

timescale-general.jpg

Wrangellian

And for North America:

timescale-NA.jpg

Wrangellian

And the 'Handy' version has one change:

HandyProportionalScale.jpg

Wrangellian

Here's another updated Precambrian chart:

timescale-Precamb.jpg

Wrangellian

I just noticed and corrected a spelling mistake in the Handy chart!

HandyProportionalScale.jpg

Wrangellian

More small updates and tweaks to the Phanerozoic charts...

The general (global) one:

timescale-general.jpg

Wrangellian

The North American version:

timescale-NA woCalif.jpg

Wrangellian

...and for us Vancouver Islanders with Island events included:

timescale-NA-VI.jpg

Scylla

How did I not see this until now? Great job:default_clap2:

Wrangellian

Thanks... I think a lot of people still haven't seen it, despite it having been pinned - I guess it's been buried way down the home page in a section that no one looks very often or at all!

I have to keep posting links to it like I did in your Beecher's thread.  ;)

Wrangellian

A number of small changes and adjustments in these versions:

General worldwide version:

timescale-general.thumb.jpg.69974e44eb93b222db9bfb7cb5e9f289.jpg

North American version:

5d01a72e85084_timescale-NAwoCalif.thumb.jpg.cda5e345dc43048c2db669096ddc02af.jpg

Wrangellian

And for us Vancouver Islanders:

timescale-NA-VI.thumb.jpg.a839e4e466e41e131dfb5ea659030bab.jpg

I think it has been a while since I last posted the version with the Californian stages (it's a bit cumbersome juggling 4 different versions and it takes up more space), but may as well do it once in a while:

timescale-NA.thumb.jpg.34f430dc3e956682e768b9299bfcad0f.jpg

Wrangellian

Time for some updated versions. Several small improvements and adjustments have been made.

Among them, I've been trying to sort out the stratigraphic position of all the Utah lagerstatten. I get disparate results when I do a search online, but I think I've got them about as close as can be expected, until I get some help from a real expert. Probably some of these will have been adjusted again in the next version.

Anyway, first, the general (global) one, then the same with the North American stages added:

timescale-general.thumb.jpg.ac2db8fdf606a77a1d17e39474a18360.jpg       timescale-NA.thumb.jpg.cdf79b51671c3fd62ebc23689f9c9ccc.jpg

Wrangellian

I found the West Coast molluscan stages for the Cenozoic, so have added that to the (Californian) benthic foram stages I already had in this version. It's getting too crowded on the right for any of the events!

Also, for those few of us privileged enough to be living on Vancouver Island ^_^ , the Wrangellian version. I'd like to add the two extra Cenozoic columns to this one also, but there would be no room for any of the 'events' text to the right, unless I widen the jpg.

5ec6370ba8c2d_timescale-NAWest.thumb.jpg.2839c73b5246aca46591014a596eb47b.jpg       timescale-NA-VI.thumb.jpg.fa11c7c98c71b33d58d46fda08fe0e50.jpg

RuMert

Great work! Maybe we could enlarge dinosaur/ammonite extiction - add belemnites (symbol of Mezozoic:)) and marine reptiles (and pterosaurs) origins and extiction (ichthyosaurs and pliosaurs also went extinct 25 mln years before the KPg event, mosasaurs evolved), maybe recent shark domination (small size and representativity in Jurassic, but abundant in Cretaceous and later on)

Wrangellian

Thanks... I guess there are lots of things I could add, and it could get quite cluttered. I would have to decide which events are the most important or interesting, and add them particularly if they can fill a blank spot. Some regions are already quite cluttered and I could not add anything there.

Hmmm... Inoceramids also went extinct at the end of the Cretaceous - how many other things too?

RuMert

Well, with all love for Inoceramids, marine reptiles are slightly more famous:D. Guess not everybody knows ichthyosaurs went extinct before K-Pg