My Fossil Room

Xiphactinus

post-98-011586300 1290786095_thumb.jpgpost-98-091582300 1290786108_thumb.jpgpost-98-057700000 1290786120_thumb.jpgpost-98-098591600 1290786133_thumb.jpgpost-98-004972000 1290786149_thumb.jpgJust dawned on me that I have never posted pix of our fossil room. Here's the once over around our fossil room. (My favorite room of the house!)post-98-067084600 1290786081_thumb.jpg
  • I found this Informative 4

wow! that big guy is yours!?! :o

i'd love to have a fossil room....

Edited by trilobite guy

-Shamus

The Ordovician enthusiast.

Xiphactinus.... What can I say.... Incredible!.. :o .. No wonder its your favourate room, I'd be in there all the time with a cup of tea lol... You should carry this thread on a little and photograph a couple of those beautiful drawers open.... Id like to see what else you pick up on your travels...Thanks for showing us....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Xiphactinus.... What can I say.... Incredible!.. :o .. No wonder its your favourate room, I'd be in there all the time with a cup of tea lol... You should carry this thread on a little and photograph a couple of those beautiful drawers open.... Id like to see what else you pick up on your travels...Thanks for showing us....

Thanks, everyone! Terry - I'll do that this weekend.

I've offered before with no takers...anyone coming through St. Louis has a standing invite for a tour and to talk fossils!

Spectacular stuff!

Wish I had a room like that for my fossils. Guess I'll have to settle for my online photo gallery for the time being.

Dan

post-98-011586300 1290786095_thumb.jpgpost-98-091582300 1290786108_thumb.jpgpost-98-057700000 1290786120_thumb.jpgpost-98-098591600 1290786133_thumb.jpgpost-98-004972000 1290786149_thumb.jpgJust dawned on me that I have never posted pix of our fossil room. Here's the once over around our fossil room. (My favorite room of the house!)post-98-067084600 1290786081_thumb.jpg

WONDERLAND

clype

...anyone coming through St. Louis has a standing invite for a tour and to talk fossils!

Like I've said before, your "fossil room" would (for me) be the destination, not a stop on the way someplace else...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I to have a room for my dinosaur fossils ( Dino Room)

I'm trying to clean it up a little to do the same

I really like your Museum :wub:

VERY nice!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to a glimpse in the drawers. How does that song go? Meet me in St. Louis.... Actually I've never been there, but now thanks to your invitation, I have a good reason to visit.

Roger.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

That is way past major lust, can only imagine what specimens are held in the cabinet drawers. Totally awsome Cretaceous material.--Tom

Took a magnified look at the top of a cabinet with the coffee cup, is that an Enchodus jaw on the stand?

Edited by Foshunter

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

I am just in awe...love it!

Hope to have a museum of my own one day too.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

That is way past major lust, can only imagine what specimens are held in the cabinet drawers. Totally awsome Cretaceous material.--Tom

Took a magnified look at the top of a cabinet with the coffee cup, is that an Enchodus jaw on the stand?

Yes - that is an Enchodus upper and lower...it was made from a very, very fragmented specimen. Some of the reconstruction could use some revision, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Xman, both the kid and the old guy in me says you just need a sofa sleeper or bed in there so you could take naps by them there darn spectacular things! AWESOME! Regards, Chris

Pretty much speechless here. :wub:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

What the heck you going to do when you find that complete Kansas mosasaur?

Believe me. It's been discussed. No answer yet, but it's a problem I'd like to have! :P

Your Enchodus top fangs look to be in the 3 inch range, specimens that I have found in the Sulphur River are only 1 3/4 to 2 inches, yours must have been the grand daddy of them all. Hope you find your Mos., would be interesting to see how you mount it. Your cabinet drawers, if you would photo just one a week that could keep us entertained for over 2 years, just a thought.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"