Sign in to follow this  
Ordovician_Odyssey

Trilobase

Ordovician_Odyssey

hey guys,

ever heard of trilobase? if anyone uses it, can you ansewer some questions:

-do you have to pay?

if you do have to pay, does anyone know any good sites for fossil database/fossil documenting? thanks

shamus

Fossildude19

Shamus,

There was a discussion about this earlier this year HERE.

Regards,

palaeopix

Hey Shamus,

Trilobase is available for free download but the free version has limited functionality. You might want to try it out before you commit to buying it. Yep it will cost you $21 Canadian for a fully functional copy. Or you can contact Danny to discuss trading fossils for a copy. Oh and I think the program only works on PCs so I'm out of luck as I'm a Mac Head.

Here's a link to the page that discusses your options.

http://www.trilobase.com/order.html

Hope that answers your questions.

Dan

Fred

Oh and I think the program only works on PCs so I'm out of luck as I'm a Mac Head.

I actually made a partition for Windows on my Mac -just- to run Trilobase.

The software itself can be recommended price-quality wise. Danny sure did a good job there.

Ammojoe

Hi Shamus,

I'm guessing you brought this up after I mentioned it, therfore I feel I should answer you :)

Its a great piece of software (At a very reasonable price if you think of the hours spent making it!), are you into Id'ing and categorising your fossils?. It can be a little difficult to understand to start with but it's quite easy to master. Do you know about Kingdom,Phylum ETC? Its very useful, but can be quite time consuming if you have a load of fossils to put into it!

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by fossily99

Ordovician_Odyssey

thanks everyone for the replies! :)

but for the free download, what is it limited to? like is it limited time, or space, or functions, or something else? thanks

shamus

Auspex

but for the free download, what is it limited to? like is it limited time, or space, or functions, or something else? thanks

shamus

You have nothing to lose by trying it :)

TOM BUCKLEY

shamus

Shamus,

The trial version limits you to 100 fossils. The full program can be had by trading Danny a fossil for it. I think it's a great program with a lot of good features. I presently have 270 specimens on it.

One caution...BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP !!!!!!! Last year I lost everything with about 120 fossils on it. The website tells you which files to backup.

Tom

xonenine

Seems really well put together, and reasonable for all that work, I am trying it out.Nice, all I had was one for minerals. :)

Edit: Maybe having to add all that data will make some stick better while I'm learning...

Edited by xonenine