St, Louis Area - Wana Hunt?

Mr. Edonihce

I have no idea wht the weather's even been like there lately (may be bad like North of you....not sure), but I will be staying there the night of the 26th, and if there's any chance anyone wants to show me a hot spot the next morning before we head South to TX to visit my folks, please let me know.

I hope all is well.

Right now it's 8 degrees with a windchill of -1 and about 2-3" of snow on the ground....not really very good hunting weather. Brrrrrr.

If you are feeling adventurous, here are some localities:

http://mofossils.com/fossilsites.html

Right now it's 8 degrees with a windchill of -1 and about 2-3" of snow on the ground....not really very good hunting weather. Brrrrrr.

If you are feeling adventurous, here are some localities:

http://mofossils.com/fossilsites.html

Haha, ya, I know cold (grew up in MN...just moved to CO 10 years ago)....so that wouldn't bother me too much. The only problem is if it's all snow or ice covered.

Thanks a lot for that link. I copied it (and all info on that page) and e-mailed it to myself.

If it's not all snow or ice covered when we're there, I will definitely hit one of those spots.

Haha, ya, I know cold (grew up in MN...just moved to CO 10 years ago)....so that wouldn't bother me too much. The only problem is if it's all snow or ice covered.

Thanks a lot for that link. I copied it (and all info on that page) and e-mailed it to myself.

If it's not all snow or ice covered when we're there, I will definitely hit one of those spots.

If it's too bad for hunting and you want to visit and talk fossils, give me a pm with a way to contact you!

If it's too bad for hunting and you want to visit and talk fossils, give me a pm with a way to contact you!

I guarentee it won't be too cold for me to hunt fossils. If they're not covered with snow or locked in under ice, I will hunt them down. :lol:

I'll definitely PM you though once we get closer ot that date.

Any chance you could come out on that day?

I guarentee it won't be too cold for me to hunt fossils. If they're not covered with snow or locked in under ice, I will hunt them down. :lol:

I'll definitely PM you though once we get closer ot that date.

Any chance you could come out on that day?

We'll see what Mother Nature has in store. Unlike you, I am NOT from Minnesota!! Getting out and pounding on some rocks sounds like a good time, though.

I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see "The Museum Room"!

Is that a reference to Xiphactinus' private collection facilities?

We'll see what Mother Nature has in store. Unlike you, I am NOT from Minnesota!! Getting out and pounding on some rocks sounds like a good time, though.

OK, cool.

Well, we're in WI, and will be getting there next Sunday night and hoping for a clearing on the ground the next morning.

We'll just hope (and pray if you're that type), and see what happens. :)

Yes, Auspex is talking about our fossil room. You are welcome to come by.

Right now the forecast is looking bleak for collecting. Forecasting several inches of snow Friday.

Right now the forecast is looking bleak for collecting. Forecasting several inches of snow Friday.

Boooooo!! :(

Yes, Auspex is talking about our fossil room. You are welcome to come by.

OK, this might be doable....we'll see how we feel when the time comes.

Thank you very much for extending the offer. :)

• 2 years later...

I am going to be in St. Louis on November 5th and part of the day on the 6th. Any suggestions where I should go for a quick day trip near SW St. Louis.?

Jefferson County, Highway 61/67 outcrops from Arnold south. Intersection of 61/67 and Highway M in Barnhart.

Take Sulphur Springs Rd to Mississippi river and outcrops and RR tracks.

• I found this Informative 1