Auspex

"Primitive Worlds" Website

Auspex

It's slow at the shop today (the area's first snow of the season), so I got bored and went surfing. I stumbled across this site >Primitive Worlds<, which I had not heard of before, and which I found pretty interesting!

piranha

It's slow at the shop today (the area's first snow of the season), so I got bored and went surfing. I stumbled across this site >Primitive Worlds<, which I had not heard of before, and which I found pretty interesting!

Paul Chinnici is the owner operator there. He's a great guy, very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about Silurian NY fossils.

The 'Classic Photos' section is absolutely bursting at the seams with world class specimens. Great Link - Thanks Auspex!

pleecan

Thanks for the link Auspex.... great reference site on this unique Silurian Biota Lagerstatte.... wow even soft tissue preservation of worm... the Silurian is one of my favourite time periods in the fossil record to explore....

tracer

very impressive photos and a great website and very interesting quarry operation. amazing.

Auspex

Yeah, they sound like the kind of folks I'd enjoy meeting!

bear-dog
:) Real nice website,but no birds.Your slipping Boss! :lol:

palaeopix

The "Classic Photos" section is in a word STUNNING!!!

Already have my eye on some specimens from them!

Nandomas

Paul Chinnici is the owner operator there. He's a great guy, very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about Silurian NY fossils.

The 'Classic Photos' section is absolutely bursting at the seams with world class specimens. Great Link - Thanks Auspex!

I met him at MAPS. Great guy and great trilos ;)

Maybe next April I will be there again :)

Auspex

:) Real nice website,but no birds.Your slipping Boss! :lol:

If they had Silurian birds, I'd be there right now!

Shamalama

I've been admiring these fossils for a while. Would love to get some of the specimens but they are a bit pricier than I can afford at this time.

Ludwigia

What a great discovery, Auspex. There's obviously a real expertise at work there, as the fantastic quality of the specimens shows. Thanks for sharing this with those of us who knew nothing about it.

Roger

TheFossilHunter

I called those guys up a couple years ago, tried to see if i can come over and dig . they said no, even after i offered to pay to dig...dont know if anything's changed since then