Sign in to follow this  
pleecan

Tell Us You Favorite Lens For Macro Photography.

pleecan

I am retired and on a very limited budget, but I have been having a good time photographing microfossils by holding a Canon Powershot A530 ( $5 at a church rummage sale ) against the eyepiece of an old Bausch & Lomb Stereo microscope ( $5 at a different church rummage sale! ). I want to try the Helicon Focus software but have been unable to find it at any rummage sales!

post-8748-0-21091400-1339509915_thumb.jpg

You can download for free here:

http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads.html

Good for the trial period.... think it like 30days

Good luck.

PL

Auspex

JIm,

Very resourceful, and great results!

fossiljim

It always amazes me when something that sounds stupid actually works. I was looking at paramecia when on a whim I tried holding my point and shoot digital camera directly against the microscope objective. When I discovered that it took fairly decent pictures, I tried making movies and that works too!

pleecan

It always amazes me when something that sounds stupid actually works. I was looking at paramecia when on a whim I tried holding my point and shoot digital camera directly against the microscope objective. When I discovered that it took fairly decent pictures, I tried making movies and that works too!

Experimenting with optics can be very rewarding .... well done!

fossilsofnj

I’ve been getting some decent results using the Kenko extension tubes on the Cannon Rebel XS.

John

post-2419-0-05646600-1342972044_thumb.jpg post-2419-0-81565400-1342972045_thumb.jpg

Coco

Hi,

woh ! Very good quality for these pics !

Coco

pleecan

I’ve been getting some decent results using the Kenko extension tubes on the Cannon Rebel XS.

John

post-2419-0-05646600-1342972044_thumb.jpg post-2419-0-81565400-1342972045_thumb.jpg

Nice.... my current optics setup is based on projection via bellows and extension tubes.... old technology but it works well!

cowsharks

It would be interesting to see an actual picture of some of your macro setup's .... especially the ones with Bellows, rails, lights, etc. I'm quite the novice at this stuff, and a "picture" to go with your descriptions would be great.

pleecan

It would be interesting to see an actual picture of some of your macro setup's .... especially the ones with Bellows, rails, lights, etc. I'm quite the novice at this stuff, and a "picture" to go with your descriptions would be great.

See link

http://oldasthehills.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Info&action=display&thread=167

pleecan

You are welcome Daryl.

PL

Edited by pleecan

Indy

John

attachicon.gifborodini_label_rs.jpg attachicon.gifholmdel_scale_rs.jpg

I'm not easily impressed ...

But WOW ?? !!

1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

pleecan

Bellows / extension technology can yield pictures like this ... +200 micron sediment fraction from Arkona.. ostracodes

post-2446-0-81686000-1372898432_thumb.jpg

taken Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 2.8/50, Pentax K01.

PL