Sign in to follow this  
Seattleguy

Newbie Looking For Wa. Fossil Obi Wan

Seattleguy

Hey all

I am a newbie collector who has got most of what I have from ebay. Pretty sad :(

Im a single guy in my late 20's. I have funds, and an all wheel drive car. I would be more than happy to take you out to dinner/ foot the bill for a trip to a fossil hunting location in exchange for your guidance.

I want to get my hands dirty!

Help me do that in Washington St.

Chris

fossisle

Have you tried contacting the Burke Museum, they may have field trips and lectures that would get you into collecting with a group.

Uncle Siphuncle

Hello and welcome from South Texas, Seattleguy. Your quid pro quo approach should open some doors for you...work every angle you can, including club field trips when you are starting out. Supplement your gaining field experience with independent research once you've identified the productive formations in your area, referencing geo maps against online satellite images. Then be prepared to log some miles by vehicle and on foot as you explore for undocumented or long ago documented sites in your target formations. It can be a slow process at first, but it gets easier with time. With experience and a little prior research, about 1 out of 4 prospective sites that you visit may be worth returning to, in my experience. Personal satisfaction soars when you find a productive site apparently never collected before....

Luke

anyone have anything other than the Keasey formation to suggest for the Vancouver, WA /// Portland OR area? really could use some leads been looking into a lot of stuff but theres not a lot of collecting groups or people to call where I live