Worm Like Devonian Fossil: Shores Of Lake Huron

pleecan

congrats! I'll admit, I didn't see it. Very cool.

I have to agree, but look happily forward to more of your shared research with the ROM. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I have to agree, but look happily forward to more of your shared research with the ROM. ;)

Thanks John.

Peter

In terms of the rarity... today email... so this could be worm #2.

ROM

"Yes - for comparative material, I'm aware only of the single specimen from Arkona described by Farrell & Briggs (2007) - despite the stratigraphic and preservational differences, your specimen seems very similar to Arkonips topororum."

I'm glad I was wrong about it being an iron stain, but now I have to go back and photograph all my fossils underwater with polarized light!:o

Congrats on Arconips pleecanaris

I'm glad I was wrong about it being an iron stain, but now I have to go back and photograph all my fossils underwater with polarized light!:o

Congrats on Arconips pleecanaris

Thanks Scylla...

In the coming days I hope there is sufficient material there for the ROM to put out a paper... they are still analyzing the fossil will take more pictures today... I have only hunted only a couple of times in this particular area and the ever since I found out about the discovery of the pyritized worm paper 6 months ago I been looking for a worm ever since. I focused on the Kettle Point Formation because of the anomolous geological formation of monster size concretion boulders high in iron content hence increased the chances of pyritization and potential of soft tissue preservation.... I am fully belief for what ever one thinks so is he.... here is another example that dreams can come true.... and I am living that dream.

PL

Edited by pleecan

You are striking gold.. How exciting!

Thanks Roz.... I am having so much fun with this hobby!

Peter

*All Pictures has been removed as a precaution as this may lead to publication.*

Edited by pleecan