My Collection- Mainly Megalodons

big2th

Fred

Really nice collection! Thank you for sharing it with us. You especially have a lot of nice specimens from Lee Creek. It is really a shame that Lee Creek has been closed to fossil collecting for a while now. Lee Creek definitely was one of the best quarries in the world for fossil collecting.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much. 95% of my total collection consists of specimens that I found personally. God has blessed me.

INDEED HE HAS!!!!! Good job! I've never found a tooth or bone before..... How many are there?

Edited by TyrannosaurusRex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words. For every specimen that makes the display, there are hundreds of broken ones, fragments, and others that are badly damaged or worn. My collection is an evolution of its own, growing when I have an opportunity to get out and am fortunate enough to find something nice.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words, Marco and dinosaur12lee! Lots of passion, good health, and good fortune must all be in play in order to find anything of value. May you and your loved ones enjoy good health and success!

• 3 months later...

Unreal collection!! Awesome!!!

Many thanks. It's hard to believe that 2014 is my 40th anniversary of doing this. Each time I have the opportunity to go out, I feel like a kid all over again and that's what makes it all so rewarding!

Amazing collection. Congrats!!

Why does the sun come up? Or are the stars just pinholes in the curtain of night? Who knows!!

Juan Sanchez Villalobos Ramirez

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much, Dragonmiser. Having seen your collection in pictures, that means quite a bit!

On a separate note, I am moving in mid-August, hence I will have to carefully pack everything. It will be a LOT of tender-loving-care work!

Thanks very much, Dragonmiser. Having seen your collection in pictures, that means quite a bit!

On a separate note, I am moving in mid-August, hence I will have to carefully pack everything. It will be a LOT of tender-loving-care work!

Feel free to ship them to my house for safe keeping while you move ;) . Good luck with your move. I am sure you will be investing in bubble wrap afterwards.

Just popping to echo everyone else's comments. WOW, what an awesome display! I am happy you have such a passion for this hobby and best of luck in your future hunts. I have only hunted in the MD/Virginia region and can only dream of those Megs!!!

Thank you nothingman55. Virginia and Maryland have some wonderful sites. Most everyone knows about the best ones and they are hit quite regularly, but there are always great finds waiting for those who are driven! May God bless you and your loved ones!

• 2 years later...
On 8/1/2014 at 10:43 AM, JMUFossil said:

Just popping to echo everyone else's comments. WOW, what an awesome display! I am happy you have such a passion for this hobby and best of luck in your future hunts. I have only hunted in the MD/Virginia region and can only dream of those Megs!!!

It is sad that so many wonderful sites are no longer accessible. Best wishes to you!

• 2 years later...
On 1/15/2011 at 1:48 PM, Foshunter said:

I was wondering if you ever found any Meg's---Just kidding, nice collection.--Tom

Thanks Tom. I've found a few :)

On 1/27/2014 at 10:45 PM, Mike and the Megs! said:

Unreal collection!! Awesome!!!

Mike and the Megs- That sounds like the ideal name for a music group!