My Collection- Mainly Megalodons

big2th

Hello Friends. Although work and weather have kept me from adding to my fossil collection, I did have a few moments to tidy my existing specimens up a bit. My favorite fossil is the megalodon, hence my name here as big2th. I've updated my display and posted a few pictures of the larger specimens in the gallery. The full collection is on photobucket at the following link: http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/big2th/?start=all

Hopefully, everyone will have a great 2011 for collecting and learning about fossils!

post-1466-0-29346800-1295754482_thumb.jpg

Edited by big2th
  • I found this Informative 2

You gotta' be kidding me!

Great Googly Moogly! :o

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I was wondering if you ever found any Meg's---Just kidding, nice collection.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Hi Big2th and a big Welcome to TFF from Oregon! :)

I'm speechless ... sorry everyone, it's only momentary! :P

All I can do is quote the words of the Great One:

"Hamana-hamana-hamana-hamana." :wacko::blink::wacko:

-Ralph kramdeni

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

big2th.... How do you pick a favoroute out of that lot...lol Yikes..

Have you got a personal favoroute?... The Chile 6 Inchers wouldnt load for me, is there any chance of posting the photo on here and I personally quite like cabinet 1, shelf 2 back left... ;) Theres something special about the colouration of Aurora megs...

What can I say.... AWSOME!

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

big2th, you certainly do have some serious dentition on display there! Quite nice! Thanks for sharing with us! Regards, Chris

Edited by Plantguy

Guest N.AL.hunter

Question: Why hasn't N.AL.Hunter found any complete Megs (at Calvert Cliffs, Lee Creek, Venice Beach or Gainesville creeks)?

Answer: See Big2ths link!!

Congratulations,

what an impressive collection! :blink:

Do you have collected all by yourself?

Walter

Thank you very much. 95% of my total collection consists of specimens that I found personally. God has blessed me.

• I found this Informative 1

big2th.... How do you pick a favoroute out of that lot...lol Yikes..

Have you got a personal favoroute?... The Chile 6 Inchers wouldnt load for me, is there any chance of posting the photo on here and I personally quite like cabinet 1, shelf 2 back left... ;) Theres something special about the colouration of Aurora megs...

What can I say.... AWSOME!

The 6.51" Aurora meg is close to being my favorite, but it is a difficult choice. I'll try to attach a single shot and also add a link to the Photobucket site of the Chilean megs. Let me know if this works better for you (see below). THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!

http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/big2th/?action=view&current=FossilCollection011511024.jpg

post-1466-0-48435100-1295318063_thumb.jpg

Holy Moley!! And I don't mean Molars...How many lives did you use up putting that collection together? I'm VERY impressed!

Roger

Hi Roger. Many thanks for the kind words. I started when I was 16. I'll be 52 this May. Depending upon the day, I sometimes feel like I've lived several dozen lives. :)

Edited by big2th

so i'm debating whether college is more important than shark teeth, and right as i decide i need to keep studying i come across your collection. VERY impressive!

:wub: :wub:

Hello Friends. Although work and weather have kept me from adding to my fossil collection, I did have a few moments to tidy my existing specimens up a bit. I've updated my display and posted a few pictures of the larger specimens in the gallery. The full collection is on photobucket at the following link: http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49/big2th/?start=all

Hopefully, everyone will have a great 2011 for collecting and learning about fossils!

Good to see you here again :)

Don't worry, I haven't had the time to get out either with my busy schedule :(

Great to see your collection again! Always impressed!!!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Big2th....Thanks for the additional photo's... The Chiles are superb...You got the best collection I ever set eyes on for sure... I only have a couple of megs, and one repaired 6 1/2" Chile on matrix but thats because I had to buy them and not find my own... If I could find them like that, I'd be addicted to... I bought a meg tooth off ebay years ago from Malta, I think the island of Gozo... Have any of you serious 'tooth addicts' got any of that material for comparison?...

• I found this Informative 1

Big2th....Thanks for the additional photo's... The Chiles are superb...You got the best collection I ever set eyes on for sure... I only have a couple of megs, and one repaired 6 1/2" Chile on matrix but thats because I had to buy them and not find my own... If I could find them like that, I'd be addicted to... I bought a meg tooth off ebay years ago from Malta, I think the island of Gozo... Have any of you serious 'tooth addicts' got any of that material for comparison?...

An esteemed member of this forum with a comprehensive collection is isurus90064.

Please see his link for some potential answers to the question that you posed-

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php/gallery/image/2239-malta-and-gozo/

''An esteemed member of this forum with a comprehensive collection is isurus90064.

Please see his link for some potential answers to the question that you posed-''

Thanks again.... just what I needed... :)

Well, now I know why I haven't found any megs...

JK, amazing collection!!!

CBK

Thank you, CBK. There are some truly super meg sites in your state. Best wishes!

The collection is incredible. However, the fact that big2th reports it's almost entirely self-collected is what is most amazing to me.

The collection is incredible. However, the fact that big2th reports it's almost entirely self-collected is what is most amazing to me.

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments. Keep in mind that what you see represents 36 of my nearly 52 years of life collecting fossils. The first 20 entailed going hunting practically every Saturday and Sunday, often to multiple sites. One time, when I was MUCH younger with more energy, I actually went to five different locations in one day (marriage, age, and responsibilities change the priorities). Like most collectors, my display features only the best of the best that I have been fortunate enough to find or acquire. For example, my Lee Creek/Aurora megalodons and other specimens are the fruits of 329 collecting trips to that location alone. It's a labor of love fueled by passion, one that is familiar that can be identified with by most everyone on this forum.

Best wishes to you!

For example, my Lee Creek/Aurora megalodons and other specimens are the fruits of 329 collecting trips to that location alone. It's a labor of love fueled by passion, one that is familiar that can be identified with by most everyone on this forum.

A mere bag of shells ... I certainly identify with you! ;)

When is trip 330 scheduled ... time for a new showcase! B)

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png