Lee Creek And Moroccan Shark Teeth

Sharktoothguy11222

Alright, so this is what I spent last night and this morning doing. I cleaned out some old display cases with poly fill, and put in shark teeth according to location, which is something I never did before. I usually arranged them by species. These, by far, I believe are my best display cases.

First, is my Lee Creek display case. tom left to right: I. hastalis, Notorhynchus primigenius, Galeocerdo cuvier, Carcharodon carcharias, I. Oxyrhinchus, Carcharocles chubutensis, Carcharocles angustidens, Galeocerdo aduncus, Alopis latidens, Carcharias cuspidata, and Physogaleus contortus.

post-282-1212245196_thumb.jpg

Next, the Moroccan display case, includes: Cretolamna appendiculata, Serratolamna ascheroni, Isurolamna inflata, Weltonia ancistrodon, Nebrius blackenhorni, Squalicorax pritodontus, Paleocarcharodon orientalis, and Cretolamna biaurriculata maroccona.

post-282-1212245183_thumb.jpg

Next, the Bone valley display case includes: Carcharinus leucas, Negaprion brevirostris, Carcharias taurus, Galeocerdo mayumbensis(Pathology), and a BABY Megalodon.

post-282-1212245215_thumb.jpg

The Sharktooth Hill case includes I. planus, and I. hastalis, both with nice colors.

post-282-1212245222_thumb.jpg

Last, but definitely not least, is the Great White display case, with specimens from peru, Chile, and a transitional one from the Huarra formation in Chile.

post-282-1212245208_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

And some more close-ups:

post-282-1212245646_thumb.jpgpost-282-1212245662_thumb.jpg

post-282-1212245653_thumb.jpgpost-282-1212245671_thumb.jpg

post-282-1212245678_thumb.jpgpost-282-1212245690_thumb.jpg

You have got some nice looking teeth there, but I would like to correct you on one label. Galeocerdo latidens is an eocene species and is not found at Lee Creek. Your teeth are more likely to be Galeocerdo aduncus.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

You have got some nice looking teeth there, but I would like to correct you on one label. Galeocerdo latidens is an eocene species and is not found at Lee Creek. Your teeth are more likely to be Galeocerdo aduncus.:

Woops, sorry about that. I'll edit the post now. You're right, but the label in the case is fine, just when I typed in the species name for the post, I got confused(a senior moment at 15 years old).

I do have some G. latidens though. They are extremely small, so I keep them in coin holders.

These are from the Talhatta Formation, in Andalusia, Alabama.

post-282-1212247511_thumb.jpg

post-282-1212247527_thumb.jpg

post-282-1212247537_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Northern Sharks

I think that, for a collector (vs. museum), organizing by site adds interest.

The coin holders for tiny teeth are a great idea!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I think that, for a collector (vs. museum), organizing by site adds interest.

The coin holders for tiny teeth are a great idea!

Thanks,

As for the organization by site, that was just something i thought about last night. And so, because I was bored, I tried to do this with my teeth. Originally I had a case full of Hemipristis serra arranged by species, but now, it looks so much better organized by location.

And, as fro the coin holders, they are a remnant from an old hobby of mine ;). I used to collect silver US dimes, quarters and half dollars, but know I have grown bored, and I have been hooked on fossils.

I have a good friend who collects fossils (mostly shark's teeth) and coins (his Morgan dollar collection is unbelievable). Maybe you & he could talk trade (depending on how tired you are of the coins)?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

I have a good friend who collects fossils (mostly shark's teeth) and coins (his Morgan dollar collection is unbelievable). Maybe you & he could talk trade (depending on how tired you are of the coins)?

Lol, I have a nearly complete collection of Morgans and Peace dollars. I am only missing a few dates, particularly from CC(Carson City Mint). But, I don't collect them as enthusiastically as I once did.

Lol, I have a nearly complete collection of Morgans and Peace dollars. I am only missing a few dates, particularly from CC(Carson City Mint). But, I don't collect them as enthusiastically as I once did.

If I remember correctly, Gary's Morgan collection is complete, MS66 or better. He's been at it for 40 years.

If I remember correctly, Gary's Morgan collection is complete, MS66 or better. He's been at it for 40 years.

That's.......AMAZING!!! I want to have an MS66 Morgan collection <_<

Most of mine are EF-40 and up, but about 30 of them are uncirculated, about MS63.

Here are some of my uncirculated Morgans, these are my best ones. I have more sitting in display albums in my bookshelf.

post-282-1212260675_thumb.jpg

post-282-1212260683_thumb.jpg

I also have uncirculated Winged liberty Dimes, from 1916-1945

post-282-1212260691_thumb.jpg

post-282-1212260699_thumb.jpg

And 3 uncirculated Walking Liberty Silver half Dollars

post-282-1212260706_thumb.jpg

P.S. Its so funny how this became a topic on coins, lol.

I think there's not much prettier than a frosty Morgan! (And I don't mean beer...).

Great idea to use shark's tooth holders for coins! :P

The Sharktooth Hill makos are really nice. The teeth with "oil staining" impart some great coloration to teeth from that area. :D

Nice collection.

I was thinking coin holders might be a great way to organize smaller teeth.

Now I'm convinced.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

Archived