Show Us Your Shark Tooth Collections ... and How You Display Them

Megalodon Man

Show me those collections, and how you display them....Really wanna see CBK"s with all those sick Meg ancestors....

Case of tigers and makos from gville.....

001.JPG

Wow, that's an amazing assortment of teeth. I'd like to put together something like that although I don't have nearly as many teeth in that good of shape. Are those standard picture frames or special cases you've bought?

Tony

I've only been collecting these since early 2010. I don't have my lower quality ones in cases yet, the ones here are the better ones. I am just using riker cases.

My biggest and best cuvier:

P1160006.jpg

Best requim:

P1160020.jpg

Crow:

P1160018.jpg

Cow:

P1160013.jpg

GMR Great White:

P1160009.jpg

GMR Mako:

P1160008.jpg

Hemi:

P1160021.jpg

Broken or very worn. I stopped bringing these kind of teeth home awhile back:

PB230001.jpg

I have not found a perfect meg yet:

P1210001.jpg

Some Aurora tigers. I quit saving these though:

P1160019-1.jpg

AUrora Makos and sand tigers:

P1160024-1.jpg

Pathological and teeth in matrix:

P1160004.jpg

P1210002.jpg

Edited by RickNC

Here's some from my collection. For some reason most of my pics didn't post.

post-1313-0-42089200-1295640460_thumb.jpg

Various sps from Bartow FL.

post-1313-0-99278500-1295640710_thumb.jpg

A one inch Isurus I collected in Rota, Spain.

post-1313-0-39908900-1295640764_thumb.jpg

Several teeth collected in South Florida

Edited by Frank Menser

Be true to the reality you create.

Nice.... like the great whites Rick.....Soon u will find that perfect meg

You were right. I found it today!

Show me those collections, and how you display them....Really wanna see CBK"s with all those sick Meg ancestors....

I'm not CBK but I think you wanted to see Meg ancestors. The Orange Suwannee tooth was purchased.

100_0035_800.jpg

Edited by Paleoc

Theres some excellent displays guys, Great collections :) ... I havent got many Megs, just a couple more than whats on display on this shelf...

post-1630-0-52529600-1295818848_thumb.jpg

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Paleo I really like the two smaller rics on the very top left, cool colorations. Dactyl that one Meg in the Matrix is really killer. I love it. thanks for sharing guys.

Hey Rick,

Can you take closer pics of that tooth at the bottom left corner of your mako case? That tooth has the look of a worn benedeni, especially around the root. A labial view and side view would help also. The

light reflecting off the root and crown give the appearance of considerable thickness.

-greel

Megalodon Man...''Dactyl that one Meg in the Matrix is really killer. I love it.''

Thanks... Its my favoroute too... its a 6 1/2" Chile... Its got a bit of repair but its a beauty...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Hey Rick,

Can you take closer pics of that tooth at the bottom left corner of your mako case? That tooth has the look of a worn benedeni, especially around the root. A labial view and side view would help also. The

light reflecting off the root and crown give the appearance of considerable thickness.

-greel

Will do. I wasn't sure on that one. It is rather worn. It could quite possibly not be a mako. It is quite thick too.

P1240001.jpg

P1240002.jpg

P1240003.jpg

P1240004.jpg

P1240005.jpg

P1240007.jpg

P1240008.jpg

Edited by RickNC

Does look to me like a worn otodus or parotodus tooth given that root. I've heard some say that those teeth that look like otodus are actually auriculatus.

-greel

Ooooh, exciting!!! I just found this post and cant wait to contribute - its gonna have to wait till after work though.

Does look to me like a worn otodus or parotodus tooth given that root. I've heard some say that those teeth that look like otodus are actually auriculatus.

-greel

Interesting. No evidence of cups. I also can't tell if it had a bourlette.

That took looks crazy, its got me perplexed. I don't think its a bendindi, as the tooth has no curve to it. Perhaps it is a worn ric, definately doesn't look like and mako ive ever seen. Reminds me of a bottom hemi too, with the bump on the top of the root.

Lower anterior benedeni`s are pretty straight, but they have a much thicker root. I`d say yours is a very water worn auriculatus of angustidens. If you know, what age is it

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

-greel

Probably a worn auriculatus. The notches in the root next to the main cusp are where the cusplets got broken off.