Ptychodus Ray Pictures

Cody

I need some links or pictures of the ray/shark that carried the ptychodus teeth.I need these ASAP Before 11p.m. Central time.

Thanks guys

I fished around on Google, and there seems to be no consensus on what they looked like. One site said maybe a shark-like ray, another said like an Eagle Ray.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yeah i searched on google for about 30 minutes and could find nothing.This is kinda weird to find nothing.Hey auspex can you go to my site and look in the shark teeth gallery,and tell me what kind of teeth those are in picture labled 4-19-2008.Thanks auspex just post what kind of shark teeth those are.

Lowes Farm Krew For Life!

~C*J*J*D*D*G*P~

My Shark Teeth Website.MANSFIELD EXCLUSIVES!!

There are many critters represented in the fossil record where even the most astute academicians can only speculate on body morphology. One such shark is the Pennsylvanian form Petalodus. Like Ptychodus, this critter remains somewhat of an enigma.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Yeah i searched on google for about 30 minutes and could find nothing.This is kinda weird to find nothing.Hey auspex can you go to my site and look in the shark teeth gallery,and tell me what kind of teeth those are in picture labled 4-19-2008.Thanks auspex just post what kind of shark teeth those are.

Check OceansofKansas.com You may just type it into google, cause im not sure thats how to spell the site name. Thats the only picture of a Ptychodus I have ever seen, and its just a drawing.

hope that helps

I think head shapes can only being inferred from articulated dentitions and comparisons with modern sharks.

Kenshu Shimada has written extensively about the Cretaceous sharks in Kansas which are the exact same we have here. A list of of common Kansas Niobrara Chalk critters looks just like a list of common Texas Eagle Ford shale critters: Cretoxyrhina, Cretolamna, Squalicorax, Scapanorhyncus, Xiphactinus, Enchodus, Ptychodus, etc...

I think head shapes can only being inferred from articulated dentitions and comparisons with modern sharks.

Kenshu Shimada has written extensively about the Cretaceous sharks in Kansas which are the exact same we have here. A list of of common Kansas Niobrara Chalk critters looks just like a list of common Texas Eagle Ford shale critters: Cretoxyrhina, Cretolamna, Squalicorax, Scapanorhyncus, Xiphactinus, Enchodus, Ptychodus, etc...

Ginsu shark = Cretoxyrhina Mantelli

Crow Shark = Squalicorax

Get the book on this site. Its a great guide to ID'ing your teeth: http://texassharks.org/

Thanks,So justin when you coming out to hunt with us?

Man, I want to go hunt down there everyday, but Im call this week at work so I have to roll everytime I get a call. I usally have mid day off around 12-2 so i have been hitting a spot in dallas. PLUS its is getting HOT! I have to get my hunting in quik. If I dont make it with you guys this week, next week should be slower. Just keep buggin me.