Unknown Marine Vert.

Pool Man

Hi all,

I just found this vert in my late Pliocene formation and never seen one like this. I'm pretty sure its a marine deposit. I also found this tooth near by, seems like a porpoise tooth maybe? Also found another Meg nearby B)

Thanks!

Dan

post-148-1212535085_thumb.jpg

post-148-1212535096_thumb.jpg

post-148-1212535146_thumb.jpg

post-148-1212535182_thumb.jpg

post-148-1212535230_thumb.jpg

Guest N.AL.hunter

I just love the casual "found another Meg nearby"!! Like it's just another boring Meg tooth!! Please let me be bored!! B)

Yeah, I'm loving this area. And trust me,I do the Meg dance on every one I find,lol. I am paying for it in blood though, this shell layer is evil on my hands.

Dan

Congrats on some great finds!! Thats a sweet Meg. I believe the vert is a cervical vert of a juvenile whale. As for the other tooth I'm not sure. But all of the porpiose teeth I have found have had solid roots not hollow as that one appears to be. Whatever it is it is a awesome tooth!

Congrats on some great finds!! Thats a sweet Meg. I believe the vert is a cervical vert of a juvenile whale. As for the other tooth I'm not sure. But all of the porpiose teeth I have found have had solid roots not hollow as that one appears to be. Whatever it is it is a awesome tooth!

The tooth appears to be a 'gator tooth.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Great finds Dan but I would love to see that meg dance though. B)B)B):D

post-23-1212629130.gif

It's my bone!!!

Archived