Possible Small Reptilian Skull?

OregonBeachFossilGal

I found this on the beach, southern Oregon coast. I'm not the best photographer, and my file was too big, so I had to cut it to upload it here. It is imbedded in a small rock that has other bits of fossil on the back. It looks like a tiny reptile skull, complete with teeth. Any ideas?

post-5044-0-36827000-1298266255_thumb.png

Hard to say... any chance to do a few pix from different angles? I have had good succes editing my pix so that they are 800 pixels across. Take them on the camera's setting that makes for the biggest possible file, using the close-up setting (small tulip icon on cmaera), then edit on the computer. Your picture is Ok, but to get an ID on something complex like a reptile skull may need some more detailed shots.

i am not seeing a fossil in your specimen. you might consider trying to find somebody who's been collecting your area for a long time and talk them into showing you their collection. there's a "learning curve" to figuring out what's a fossil and what it is and the learning can be greatly accelerated and enhanced if you can find somebody who already has spent years fossiling in the region of interest.