Waldron Shale Trilobite Id

RCFossils

Well, i packed up my wife and kids and took a trip down to Southern Indiana for the weekend. We were fortunate to spend a few hours collecting some fossils from a small exposure of Waldron Shale.

We managed to come up with a few nearly complete calymene trilobites and several crinioid calyx's. We also found some interesting partial trilobites including this large tail. I was wondering if one of the forum's trilobite experts might be able to identify this Pygidium. I beleive it is some type of Arctinurus.

post-1202-0-25439400-1298413747_thumb.jpg

post-1202-0-26741600-1298413822_thumb.jpg

Well, i packed up my wife and kids and took a trip down to Southern Indiana for the weekend. We were fortunate to spend a few hours collecting some fossils from a small exposure of Waldron Shale.

We managed to come up with a few nearly complete calymene trilobites and several crinioid calyx's. We also found some interesting partial trilobites including this large tail. I was wondering if one of the forum's trilobite experts might be able to identify this Pygidium. I beleive it is some type of Arctinurus.

Here's my stab at it. Metopolichas breviceps, here is a link to a photo.

• I found this Informative 1

Nice pygidium.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough