Some Information About Missouri Fossils

Megalodon_hunter

i get unsafe site warnings about drive-by downloads from my anti-malware with regard to that site on search engine hits

just sayin...

Megalodon_hunter

Really. I could extract the data.. However I couldn't figure out how to make a table on the forum..

Diplotomodon

That site has good NJ fossiling places too :)

• 6 months later...

thanks

I will be down in the St Louis area in October with some friends and we are excited to collect in the carboniferous and maybe some other sites....

Edited by squalicorax
  • 2 weeks later...

Are those dig sites public that are stated on that website by mega hunter? Just wanna make sure they are legit and legal before I might make a trip down there this weekend? Thanks in advance. I might be heading down there 10-8 to 10-10 for the weekend.

• 3 months later...
Megalodon_hunter

Fossil Nob. I have no idea if they are public or not.. I just posted what I find.

Many of the roadway sites are.. However I make no guarantees or claims.

I have used this to find general locales and to know what others have found, not to find specific locations.

Megalodon_hunter

I need to get more involved locally. Learning more about the geology and reasearching fossil formations.

Edited by Megalodon_hunter

What's hard about Missouri is you have to pay for bedrock maps from the dept. of natural resources,as opposed to KS, where they publish them online. That's where this forum and the folks here rock...

• 2 years later...

North of I-70, several miles before the turnoff to Marshall/Sedalia is a quarry. I recall finding some brown bone (I assumed shark, even though they are cartilage, in Mississippian limestone. The large piles of rock were easier hunting. I do not know if they still permit wandering around there on the weekends, when the quarry is shut down... but there are plenty of exposures along the highway as you head East.

Other than that, there was nothing else of much interest.