Point

Uncle Siphuncle

I'm not sure yet what point style this is, but it is the best thing I found in 2 days and 60 miles of Texas river running this weekend.

post-22-1213097364_thumb.jpg

post-22-1213097381_thumb.jpg

post-22-1213097389_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

That's finer than a frog's hair split lengthwise! Well worth 2 days/60 miles.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

nice point dan. yet another thing that makes me want to come and visit you in texas. some day maybe.

brock

Out of the serious collectors I've contacted so far about half are saying Agate Basin, half Angostura, and one vote for Archaic knife. I'm hoping it is paleo as that would be my first.

Grüße,

Out of the serious collectors I've contacted so far about half are saying Agate Basin, half Angostura, and one vote for Archaic knife. I'm hoping it is paleo as that would be my first.

Nice find. Its amazing how things like that survive the trip from an indians hands to yours.

FD

I know if I found something that nice, I'd be whooping and hollering and doing a little dance.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

Dan,

That's a great find! Although just a small piece is missing (the diagnostic piece), I think you have your first late Paleo Angostura point. The shape and flaking patterns are typical of late Paleo points. There appears to be some edge grinding on the lower third...you can feel that easier than seeing it. If it is present, that would exclude it from being an Archaic knife. There is a chance it could be a transitional Paleo like this Mahaffey point I found in SE TX (one of my best).

Falcondriver touched on a thought I've had many times...you're the first person to touch that point in around 8000 years!

post-420-1213156580_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Those are soooo beautiful! I dream of finding some bird bone artifacts.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Good show, Auriculatus. Sometimes folks think that good finds are simply a function of knowing where to go. That is only 1/4 of the equation in my opinion. You still need to know when to go, what to do when you get there, and have the determination and endurance to do it effectively. You certainly have good sites, but you clearly have the rest of the gig figured out as well.

Grüße,

Wow great finds all around. Here is a small point i picked up at the NSR this weekend.Also i found something...Big! This point came from the same creek that is now very hard to access. A large live oak has fallen across the road about a mile from the river so you have to sprint.I say that because the giant bitting horse fly's swarm around you in dark clouds.But the rewards are great i discovered articulated neck verts high in the bank.After digging a few beautiful bones out i was convinced the rest of the animal is there.I just don't know yet if i will find the skull or the body.

Andre LuJan

Dan would you be interested in helping me dig up this beast? I can pay in fossil sites in the area.

post-368-1213225558_thumb.jpg

ArtofExtinction

Wow Andre that sounds like a blast, but the 700 mile round trip is a bit daunting with today's gas prices.

Grüße,

I forgot how far you had to drive to the waco pit.Well we should try for something closer to the hill country sometime.I will be sure to take lots of pics.

Andre LuJan

ArtofExtinction