"dinosaurs Alive"

Ramo

(I think that's what its called)

Anyways I'm working in Minneapolis, and it's going to be here next weekend I think. Has anyone on here seen it? Is it worth the time and money?

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Dude! That's "Walking With Dinosaurs"; I'd give anything to see it!

Check it out on YouTube: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=VX3_tnLDUEk

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow!!! I just looked up the ticket prices, and they are about $80 bucks!!! I'll have to hear some good reviews on here, before I go.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Wow!!! I just looked up the ticket prices, and they are about $80 bucks!!! I'll have to hear some good reviews on here, before I go.

Google it. Those tickets are on fire! I'd be pretty surprised if there are many left. It's rated "G", so don't expect a Bruce Willis experience, but it is a LARGE spectacal (as the Jurasic should be). You might not learn anything about dinosaurs, but it will change the way you think about them. (Full disclosure: I have not seen it, but I've read plenty of gape-mouthed reviews & seen enough clips and trailers to want to).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

For what it's worth, I heard it's great for kids. Grownups....not so much. We passed on going when it was here in St. Louis. The tix are big $$ and I'd rather go see fossils, personally.

I took my kids to see it when it was here in NJ...they loved it! There were young kids there as well...I'd say it was a bit too intense for the 5 and under set, so if you want to take kids, make sure you know what their "scary" tolerance level is. When the big meat eaters entered the stage, there were some kids who started screaming and crying. I enjoyed every minute of it, it was a lot of fun, but it is not geared towards grown ups. (good thing I still haven't grown up!!) But the staging is wonderful, you can see well from just about anywhere...you won't learn anything new, but the effects are really cool. So, depends on what you are looking for, if you should go. If you are looking for a "wow" experience looking at dinosaurs, go! If you are hoping to be educated and learn something new, skip it. Do you remember the first time you saw "Jurassic Park" and dinos had never been done so well in a movie? This is kind of like that awed feeling you got then. Unlike JP, the facts presented in this theater experience are fairly accurate, but they are basic intro paleontology and geared for children. I'd go again. So would my kids. Nuff said.

-Mary Ann

"There is nothing like geology; the pleasure of the first day's partridge shooting or first day's hunting cannot be compared to finding a fine group of fossil bones, which tell their story of former times with almost a living tongue." Charles Darwin, letter to his sister Catherine, 1834