Unknown Paleozoic Fossils

safossils

I suspect this might be a disarticulated syringopora and small spiny productids, but I'm not sure. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt

unknown608.jpg

4608.jpg

3608.jpg

2608.jpg

1608.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

I've never seen Syringopora dissarticulate like that, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. To me, it kind of looks like some kind of disarticulated echinoderm.

the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, look like productid brachiopods.

Hi

The first Photo is some disarticulated Crinoid debris, I see some stem pieces but no clear arm pieces present.

The other three photos are Productid Brachiopods fragments.

What age are these fossils from?

Guest solius symbiosus

The rocks look the same as some of the Permian stuff he has posted.

I think the last one is the ventral side of the brachial valve(the inside of the valve).

Thanks for the replies. The echinoderm was in a Paleozoic clast cemented in Jurassic age Glance Conglomerate, so I can not determine the age other than Paleozoic. The brachiopods are from a road cut near Tombstone Arizona, I am still working on the age, but I suspect Pennslyvanian/Permian.

Thanks,

Walt

Echinodermata (ist photo) are subject to disarticulation as the skeletal elements are made up of various configurations of calcite plates.

The second photo is some type of productid brach...they used some spines for protection and others as anchor points.

They had spines like these:

post-69-1213640901_thumb.jpg

The age of the sediments in the area vary. Most of the it is from the Naco group which alternates between Upper Carboniferous and Permian. I know that when we were collecting 'in the general area' over a decade ago, the large, visible fusilinids (or lack of) determined the age.