Petrified Egg?

OzarkMountain_FossilHunter

I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly what this was. Is it a petrified egg? or just a rock shaped like an egg.

This isn't mine, it belongs to a friend who has wondered what it was for a very long time. I told her about this forum and she asked if I would post some pics and maybe try to get an answer to her question.

Here are some pics:

post-262-1213650814_thumb.png

post-262-1213650973_thumb.png

post-262-1213651299_thumb.png

post-262-1213651440_thumb.png

It kinda resembles a shiva stone from India, but not quite the right color. Do you know where/when it was found?

Andre LuJan

ArtofExtinction

Guest N.AL.hunter

I am not sure, but there appears to be a bit of chert protruding on it (pictures 1 and 3), so that would make it a chert nodule and not a fossil egg.

No sign of shell texture on it; my guess is that it is a very pretty nodule (and a nice conversation piece).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest solius symbiosus

like N Al hunter wrote, it is a chert nodule. The well roundedness if it suggests that it was found in a stream.

Ok thanks so much everyone! :D

artofextinction - I'm not sure when/where it was found. She told me it was given to her.